G5

Need some input. The Camaro is my baby, and deff the object of all my performance efforts, but I was also thinking my daly driver (g5) could use a little more power. Some guy supercharged his 2.2L cobalt with a blower from a 2.0. All the parts bolt right up and the computer sems to be doing ok with the change… Would be nice to have that whinning from under the hood. Any ideas, recommendations, objections to this project??? Or should I just do some mild cams and a full exhaist with an intake and call it a day so It dont blow up? The guy is runing `4psi of boost on stock internals, so i dunno how long its gonna last. I dont want to sacrafice reliability. :scared: Let me know what you guys think.

dont mod your DD… fair warning

Truth.

Ok, just figured I would ask… I guess a blower wouldnt help with MPG iether so… Maybe Ill just make it look nice and just play with the camaro and the bike… Gotta have atleast one car thats normal…:gives:

smart move

how is he running 4psi with that blower? that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. with the stock pulley, that m62 puts out ~10psi.
i have that same blower on my 2.2L ecotec cavalier and i see 9-10psi with the stock pulley. the 2.2 that comes in cobalts and G5’s is basically same eco thats in the 03-05 cavs and can take a good beating before something breaks. it all comes down to how well its tuned, though.

i agree with everyone else though, heavily modding a DD is not the best idea.
Reliability becomes an issue

Sorry bud, its supposed to say 14. I dont know what that ` symbol is, but it aint a 1. sorry about that… Hows tha cavy running with a blower?

Don’t do it. You will be sorry when things start to break :rant:

maybe put some nice rims/tires tint radio and be done

you will have plenty of downtime to take that kind of project on. Thats cool though as long as you have other means of transportation. I think the garrett turbo bolt on kit would be better than the blower though.