Question for the mustang guy's

I work with a guy that has an 05 mustang gt, and he just got i back from some speed shop j&l or j&p i cant remember, anyway he had them put on a kb blower and intake, inj , and axel back mufflers and i dont think much else cause cash was getting tight. Now he is an ok guy but he put custom plates on the car that say 525 rwhp is it possible he gained that much? Their is talk around the shop that that car is going to own me. I dont have a problem with getting beat, just seams like a lot of hp for those mods.

o5+ bangers respond VERY well to blower installs …

he might even be pushing more than that …

and P&J … stole all his money on that one

I wondered who was getting the Kenny Bell. I see them come through work on their way to P&Js every now and again.

[quote=“rrsti”"]

I work with a guy that has an 05 mustang gt, and he just got i back from some speed shop j&l or j&p i cant remember, anyway he had them put on a kb blower and intake, inj , and axel back mufflers and i dont think much else cause cash was getting tight. Now he is an ok guy but he put custom plates on the car that say 525 rwhp is it possible he gained that much? Their is talk around the shop that that car is going to own me. I dont have a problem with getting beat, just seams like a lot of hp for those mods.

[/quote]

Hey Todd, I raced one last year and from a stop, I got him but when we rolled on it around 40 he jumped about 1/2 a car and I couldnt reel him in. I didnt brake torque it at all though, my car does have some turbo lag. I know the way your car pulled last year and I think you’d get him on the top. Just let me know, I wanna be there with my car.

just take from from a dig.

525 is not unreasonable with a kb…
though i have seen aftercooled vortech 05+'s only put down 450’s b4…

its all fine and dandy until that stock shortblock cant take it anymore.

edit: and +1 for P&J taking the $$ on that one.

There is another Yellow one rolling around with a bigger dude driving it. I pulled him bad in the cobra when he was on the spray, he went to PnJ to get the KB shortly after. I’d still pull him though :wink:

^^ thats big jack…i dont know what his car is making though.

whats a 96 stang GT run HP wise? the only mods i know of is the flowmaster exhaust

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:8,topic:29217"”]

^^ thats big jack…i dont know what his car is making though.

[/quote]

I heard he was up near 650rwhp, late last year. He usually goes to all the cruises. He’s a nice guy but he’s a die-hard Ford man in a VERY cocky way.

[quote=“cky89,post:9,topic:29217"”]

whats a 96 stang GT run HP wise? the only mods i know of is the flowmaster exhaust

[/quote]

stock gt’s only make 215.

so in theory do you think my lightly modded talon can take it? i have ported turbo, mani, o2 housing. 3.5 inch turboback, hard intake pipe, and free mods, close to 12lbs of boost. mind you this is fwd not awd.

No idea, but 96-98 GT’s are slugs cuz of their shitty heads. I have always been told to stay away from them unless I planned a heads and intake swap

[quote=“joelster,post:10,topic:29217"”]

I heard he was up near 650rwhp, late last year. He usually goes to all the cruises. He’s a nice guy but he’s a die-hard Ford man in a VERY cocky way.

[/quote]

i doubt big jack is anywhere near 650…dont confuse him with a yellow kb cobra who makes about 630 to the wheels.

[quote=“cky89,post:12,topic:29217"”]

so in theory do you think my lightly modded talon can take it? i have ported turbo, mani, o2 housing. 3.5 inch turboback, hard intake pipe, and free mods, close to 12lbs of boost. mind you this is fwd not awd.

[/quote]

a 96-98 with little to no mods…i dont see why you couldnt take one…

[quote=“dreid,post:11,topic:29217"”]

stock gt’s only make 215.

[/quote]

at the crank that is…

[quote=“dreid,post:13,topic:29217"”]

No idea, but 96-98 GT’s are slugs cuz of their shitty heads. I have always been told to stay away from them unless I planned a heads and intake swap

[/quote]

you are correct. 96-98 are slugs without the PI head / intake swap.

i was at the bar on sunday night and some guy pulled up in a black V6 mustang revving the shit out of it. i can’t blow an opportunity like that, and i certainly can’t blow it when i’m drunk. i asked him all about his siiiq mods and he told me about cold air intakes and speed chips. he said it was all done at the shop you guys are talking about. he said that it was the premier place to go to if you had a mustang.

[quote=“cky89,post:12,topic:29217"”]

[/quote]

no

must be j & p.I know paul has really cheap prices and seems to to great work.

Kind of gay to just get a plate without dynoing it

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:14,topic:29217"”]

i doubt big jack is anywhere near 650…dont confuse him with a yellow kb cobra who makes about 630 to the wheels.

a 96-98 with little to no mods…i dont see why you couldnt take one…

at the crank that is…

you are correct. 96-98 are slugs without the PI head / intake swap.

[/quote]

oh, i have a 90 which is lighter and has more HP. i think i got a race :smiley:

[quote=“Dex,post:15,topic:29217"”]

i was at the bar on sunday night and some guy pulled up in a black V6 mustang revving the shit out of it. i can’t blow an opportunity like that, and i certainly can’t blow it when i’m drunk. i asked him all about his siiiq mods and he told me about cold air intakes and speed chips. he said it was all done at the shop you guys are talking about. he said that it was the premier place to go to if you had a mustang.

[/quote]

P&J = the premier place to go if you want to be ripped off…in more ways than one.

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:19,topic:29217"”]

P&J = the premier place to go if you want to be ripped off…in more ways than one.

[/quote]

lol. that’s what i’ve heard. i just got a real good kick out of a guy revving a V6 and telling me about CAI’s and about how he was getting nawz soon.