gallbladder surgery

Mine I had chest pains like what I thought a heart attack would fell like. I’m not sure how others tell, cause my pain was even on the wrong side.:hsugh:

for a 2 months i have had pain on my ride side just under the rib cage, felt like a pulled muscle, have not taken a solid shit in a month and half, and if i eat anything fatty, or red meat a few hours later the pain in my side goes from a 2 to a 10 and covers the whole right side and into your back. i knew something was wrong after about a week of the shits it just took them 2 months about 20 tubes of blood, urin, x rays, ultrasound, cat scan, and hida scan to find it

my wife had hers out 2 weeks ago on friday and she had to stay at the hospital because she would vomit anything she drank and ate for about 2 days but by this past wed she was up and walking…she said that the staples are the worst…

I’ll precede this with I’m not being a dick since everyone on here is so touchy about shit anymore.

Actually, it is usually not the swelling that causes the pain. It is the actualy constriction. When you have stones or “sludge” and you eat a fatty meal, the gallbladder constricts to inject extra bile beyond what the liver produces to help break down the extra fat being ingested. The pain comes in when the stones or the sludge is trying to pass through the bile duct and it can’t. The pain doesn’t subside till the gallbladder stops contracting trying to push the stones or sludge through and it settles back into the gallbladder, which is usually after you are done digesting the meal or the body states that it doesn’t need the extra bile. Your liver produces bile for normal digestion.

When you get an ultrasound you can actually see the stones falling around when you roll on the table if they are big enough. If you have sludge then they usually can’t see it which is what happened with me. I went from eating shitty foods, to eating healthly and exercising. Initally dropped about 85 lbs. The gallbladder wasn’t getting discharged so all the cholesterol and Bile started to make “sludge” and it got to the point that the couple times I had something like wing night, or an italian hoagie, the gallbladder tried to deliver the extra bile and nothing was coming out of it and I ended up in pain.

The bad thing about when it is sludge and not stones is it is harder to diagnos. I had an issue where my pain would start 3 to 4 hours after I ate. Finally after 3 months it did it 10 minutes after I ate at work and they took me right down to the ER. The one doc I worked with had just been discussing with me a week ealier about how my symptoms were on the fence with it being my gall bladder or not. Well he was the one working the ER that night and he ran and grabbed the dilaudid and doped me up.

For the pain, it was the worst pain I have ever felt and I have a very high pain tollerance. It was like someone grabbing your right flank and sqeezing the shit out of your insides, yet you couldn’t pin point where the pain was coming from.

the only thing worse than this pain has been a kidney stone.hope you dont get those. you may be right about the sludge and constriction… normal people after fasting for 12 hours have a full gallbladder mine is constricted all the time

Oh ok I got what you are saying now, It stays in a constricted state and never relaxes. I miss understood.

Well I hope what I posted sheds some light for others that may be having this problem.

well i am not dead,i am in some pain , but not dead

Did you ask for your gallbladder so you could punch it?

Glad you’re ok, dude.

glad to hear it went fairly well!

travis :beer:

thanks guys. i got a bunch of vicoadan that dont work, maybe mixing them with the beers might do the job

Glad to hear all is ok.

:bigok:

Ready for another bike ride yet? :slight_smile:

Yep, Vics don’t do dick. 2 percs and a couple of shots of jack will fix ya right up!

Glad to hear it went well for you.

i think it might be a while before that, in fact i am kinda not even looking forward to taking a shit at this point in time.lol

i got a bottle of everclear piss on jack

thanks Tod

Give it about 3 to 4 days, and you will be good with being able to move around more and such. I didn’t take any pain pills at all the whole time after I left the hospital, and was healed up in under two weeks. I went back for my two week check up and had my 10 lb restriction lifted to 50lbs, then was totally cleared after 4 weeks to return to heavy lifting for work (Lifting Patients).

Glad it went well.