Anyone Ever have a Hernia?

I’m pretty positive this is what I have, still have to get in with my doctor.

Just wondering if anyone else had to deal with a hernia before.

Twice

Get some movies or TV shows to watch and look forward to many hours not moving at all after it is fixed.

PS I told you picking up dudes LITERALLY would never end well.

Yep.
It sucked.
That area still bothered me for at least a year after surgery.

Queue the sad tromboner

When did this happen???

Started noticing pain late last week in the jimmies. Now its pain right around the groin/intestine area. I moved a SAN a while back at work, also was sick and coughing last week. It would be the equivalent (I’m guessing) getting kicked in the pelvic area below your waist.

Its like an abdomen tear that allows inside bits to peek through, right? My dad had it… he didnt compain about it much but it did knock him down for a bit.

More or less…yes.

My schedule might not take too kindly to surgery ATM.

April 11-16th I’m in New Orleans for work
April 18th is Beerology

Beer can never hurt. It’s a proven fact.

i wouldn’t want to waste beer by pouring it on my hernia.

:lol: hurting yourself moving a SAN

Thats some man shit right there

i had one when i was in middle school…noticed a big lump sticking out one morning right below my waist line, really freaked me out. it never really was painful or anything that i can remember. what i do recall is about 2 weeks of having about a dozen different doctors/nurses/etc touch my junk before finally having surgery to repair it.

i think i was allowed to play baseball again after 2 weeks and i have never had an issue since. left a decent sized scar though…might interfere with a sweet “bitches ain’t shit” tattoo…

I walked around with an inguinal hernia (lower abdomen) for 5+ years and had it surgically repaired in fall 2010. Pretty simple outpatient procedure. They put the reinforcing fabric underneath the ab muscle. Any getting out of bed / chair / bending over was painful for about 7-10 days then I was fine. I was back to the gym pulling light weights within 2-3 weeks and back to normal training in a month or two. I would occasionally feel discomfort in the surgery area when doing certain ab exercises up until 1 year after surgery then never felt a thing again.

Highland hospital in Rochester did my surgery.

Oof, did you know you had the hernia? Were you in pain and just dealt with it?

It first developed in my late teens when I was basically clueless about my body. At some point I sort of just figured out that it was a hernia and eventually got it taken care of.

My type of hernia wasn’t painful, more of a mild discomfort. It would sometimes bulge out a little when I sneezed and I could actually push it back down into my abdomen, lol.

Wasn’t really a big deal. Go see your doctor and get a referral to a surgeon.

Going Wednesday morning to my doctor, have a job interview the following Wednesday

I did the same thing. I ignored it for about 3/4 years. It just would feel weird and push out when I’d eat a lot or poop hard. So I’d just push the bump back in.
It got to a point of not staying in when I pushed it in and starting to cause pain so I got it fixed.

“April 18th is Beerology”

#priorities :lol:

If you need a spotter at Beerology, I’m your guy!

Old lady is my DD. You should go tho.

Also my dad stopped by yesterday to give me some of his Hydrocodone with Acetaminophen. That shit works like a champ, I feel great after taking one.

Nice. I’m in.

Yeah, had those when I broke my hand badly… They aren’t as fun when you’re taking them for 5 straight months, and 2-3 at a time.

Shoulda went with SSD’s, they are lighter.