Anyone Ever have a Hernia?

Jesus, I broke both bones in my ankle in a car wreck many years back… I was prescribed the same. I hated it. Turned my stomach. I would rather deal with the pain than take them again.

Morphine at the hospital, however… wowzers. Would try again.

Zombie drug those hydro’s are… Having an adult beverage with a couple is a wild ride, but I’m not recommending seeing how high you can climb the mountain.

Dilaudid at the hospital was a fun narcotic. Then pain management realized Toradol (non-narcotic) would help my case better. Here’s my review…

Dilaudid is a narcotic, trips you out pretty good, but effects only last 1-2 hours, and pain returns
Toradol is non-narcotic, no trip, but you’re pain free for 7-8 hours.

Hospital had me on Dilaudid for 3-4 days before they realized the pain medication wasn’t working, and my situation (staph infection) was getting worse. After the sleepless nights, and insane fever, Toradol improved my overall condition in 2 days.
@ProgRocker - Just Pain Olympics those jimmies off

My dad is working on getting a prescription for Dilaudid.

Really? They shot that shit right into my veins through my IV line.

I had an inguinal hernia several years ago. I dealt with it for a few months while working the busy season, then had the surgery. It was pretty rough towards the end, right before surgery. Working through it definitely was not a good idea.

Worst part for me was waking up from the anesthesia and getting kicked out of the hospital 5 minutes later. Felt like I get hit by a bus.

Other than that, it wasnt a big deal. I was doing basics the next day, and relatively back to normal in a week or so.

Went to the doctor this morning and it’s definitely an inguinal hernia. I bought compression shorts based on the NP’s request to buy Spanx. Need to schedule a consult with the surgeon now.