Garage/Basement Epoxy floor coatings

By all means.

.photobucket.com/albums/aa354/arrowenterprises/photobucket-7198-1341327900114.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa354/arrowenterprises/photobucket-7370-1341327550458.jpg[/IMG]

Epoxy finish complete. Cracks ground and filled. Two coats Armor Seal with Sharkbite additive so Joe doesn’t spin the wheels after installing power upgrades. For a nominal fee I will supply members a key the door for work on their vehicles.

How many sq. ft. is that garage, and ballpark cost? PM if preferred. I have over 1000 sq. ft. of shop floor and I’m afraid this would practically bankrupt me :lol:

It looks good. I like your vintage Lotus painted wall, is that Jim Clark’s Lotus-Ford from the 60s?

How nominal? He’s kind of a douche, I’d love to boost one of his cars, and really stick it to him…

Looks great man!

:frowning: after all the hype I was expecting more baller results. It doesn’t cost that much to rent a grinder and smooth it out first.

Sure, if you want to take a half inch off 80% of a fifty year old floor.

a quick level and then add some self leveling quick mix concrete in the worst areas was what I was thinking, but this does add a bunch more time and labor.

Looks great!

My plan/goal is some self leveling to fix a pad that is higher than another, then use Armstrong VCT tile. Black and white 4 tile square checkerboard.

Getting closer to looking into this. The floor is pitted and I don’t think a grind will do. Looks like some sort of self leveling top coat will be necessary. Does anyone have any recommendations?

a friend of mine tried a bunch of self leveling concrete instead of grinding. It came out better than nothing, but a lot worse than grinding. You simply have to grind down for best results. Or avoid the whole issue by using racedeck or similar.

totally with you

any pics?

I don’t have any, but it was slightly worse than 91mr2’s before, and came out half way between what his end result was and a nice perfect coat on new concrete. (hope this makes sense)

Looks good to me. It’s not perfect, but it’s an old house. Gives it character. Would have been another 2 days of labor to get it looking any better.

Just bought some of the Rustoleum product. I will post up some before and afters when its finished.