Garage Floor Ideas

Just moved into my new house. I want to do something with the garage floors. Right now its just plain concrete slab. I won’t be parking a car in there. Going to be adding some gym equipment (treadmill, bench, dumbells, etc) Im looking for something inexpensive, easy to clean, and durable. Any ideas??

Post pics of your garage if possible… I will post a few later tonight.

:frowning:

I guess you could still use the racedeck floor tiles. But if you’re not going to park you car in there you could tile it or just run wall to wall carpet.

This is what I plan on doing to mine…

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52593&highlight=garage+floor

rubber matted floors if it’s going to be like a home gym.

http://my-garage.com/photos/photographs/image9.jpg

Modern AND classic. Do it!

been discussed a few times.

I’m a fan of epoxies.

If you’re going to be using it for a gym mainly, you may want to look into one of those “rubberized” coating, as they give your feet a little more “give” & “support” as opposed to hard ass concrete.

$0.02

I still keep my lawn mower, trash can, and other misc tools in the garage, so the carpet wouldnt work. Anyone have any experience with the stuff you paint on the ground? I forgot what its called.

Two part epoxy is not bad, had in two garages so far - prep is very important to remove oil etc from the floor. One part epoxy sucks.

not sure what its called, but that floor paint thats very “rubbery” always looks and works awesome, and i dont think it costs that much

use the floor they have at the BAC

im doing this in about a month

http://www.originalcolorchips.com/

Home depot and lowes has the floor epoxy for garages, the peeps there can tell you what to do, its pretty simple assuming yer floor is in good shape. It will probably run you about $150 after you buy the cleaners and any pieces of equipment and cleaners to do the job.

walmart also stocks the exact same brand kits for a lot less.

Hmm, come to think of it, id bet SamsClub does too.

Home Depot and Lowes suck as far as product knowledge. I work at Sherwin Williams, and ieatpaint works at schuele. Either of us could help you out much. I think Schuele might carry more floor coatings than I do, but I can get all kinds of things.

he’s right, a garage floor isn’t something you want to look for cheapest price on. either of our (b5a4 and myself) companies carry what you need. Just know that all paints chip and peel, it’s never a permanent thing. they obviously wont peel in 5 years, but i’d guess 15 or so and you’re up for some stripping and recoating. they arn’t a paint it and forget it deal. we always always suggest clear water-based coatings for a new floor. it’ll be something you recoat every 3 or so years but there is no peeling. think of it as car wax for your floor. if you’re serious about epoxy pm me and i’ll come over to run a test or 2 and see if you can have the floor painted or not. there are a couple tests the monkeys at home depot or lowes have no idea about. i don’t care if you buy it from me but save yourself a headache and don’t buy the shit from lowes or depot. i don’t make commission or anything so I won’t sell you shit you don’t need. i am able to get my hands on arguably the best epoxies made though, so if you want it to last pm me. b5a4 can get some great shit too. couple examples of my epoxies… titleist golf balls, that’s my clear… majority of rollercoasters, my epoxy that gets a recoat every 12-15 years… decks of the naval carriers that those planes land on, my epoxy rated at 15000 take offs and landings. i’m sure b5a4 can tell you stories of his epoxies they use on bridges all around here as well. i’ve stripped and resurfaced 4 floors this year alone that had failed home depot epoxy on them.

<<— currently has failed home depot epoxy :frowning:

i don’t recommend it. It didn’t last a week.

if you wanna fix it i rent a floor machine that actually works and doesn’t suck dicks like those at abc or depot. cost ya around 150 to rent it and makes short work of rippin off shitty paints. even has a vacuum to keep dust down.

Thanks…but when i re-do it, i think i’m going to just get the race deck and be done. plus, I don’t plan on being in this house in another year and the race deck i can take with me lol.

It’s all in the prep. I built a wall down the middle of my front garage and created a 2nd room. It was a typical greasy garage floor. I scrubbed the crap out of it with the cleaner they give you.

I have a chair I sit in all the time with metal casters. The chair is constantly moving. Not a chip or flake after 4 years. It is def. tough stuff. It was the epoxy from Home Depot with the paint chips you spread.