Gas Line(Rant)

So i get a call from my mom today with her yelling about the gas getting shut off…so i’m like ok the bills paid right she says yea…come to find out there are two leaks…one on the main line from the curb to the house and one after the meter going into the house. Something told me to convince my dad to replace the entire line from curb to house 3 years ago when we put new compression fittings on to replace the old ones…but now we have to work outside digging up the old line in 90 degree weather…not to mention i have to call off from work to do this asap because of my gram not being able to miss a meal(diabetic)and she cooks with gas…:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

“Pay my Gas bill” was it Alan Cox?

the programmer?

Franco harris

Not to be an ass or anything, but it could be worse, it could be something 10 degrees outside and snowing…

But none the less, sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Hell, I didn’t even know you were allowed to you compression fittings on gas lines…

from the curb to right before it comes out of the ground to your meter your not to use screw in fittings. the equitable guy was here when i got home and we talked for about a good 45 min to an hour just to bs around(wish my job was that easy) but pretty much i have the yard dug up around the line…busted up park of the sidewalk(which was brandnew…fuck) and got to where the gas company had previously done work…most of the shit under the slab of cement was all fill…heavy as hell at that…but tomorrow i’ll be out there at 6-7am. our house is heated by not one but two furnaces…120BTU and a 90BTU(House was split into a duplex by a contractor two owners ago)and i was going to slip a 1" pipe through the 1.25 but after thinking about it i don’t believe there would be enough volume for two furnaces & two hot water tanks come winter(sry if i’m losing some of you here)but i got lucky because the 1.25 has a 1.50" sleeve around it that i can slide the new plastic line through so that i don’t have to dig up the footer going around my house. All in all it’s probably a 60-90 dollar job since all the tools are already owned and i don’t have to pay someone to do what me and my father have done for years

No wonder your post are horrible, too much gas sniffing :kekegay:

I can’t explain mine…

Thats cool thats it’s just labor and no major costs. I forget what gas company it as I last dealt with, but it was a rentl house I owned, but none the less everything has to be screw together. If they saw a compression fitting anywhere you lost gas until you PAID a certified plumber to do the repair work. No receipt, no gas. It was tough, since I had all the tools, even a pipe threader at the time, but had to pay for labor. It sucked…

Mine did that last year. They shut the gas off and I called my plumber to come fix it. They just dug up a little patch at the main line and another little patch at the meter and stuck a plastic line inside the current line. It took less than a day and only cost me around $125. The shitty thing was waiting for the gas company to turn the shit back on.

yes, it was alan cox. That was a pretty funny bit until they played it every day for a few months.

yea thts know as a slip…i was going to do the same but as i said…two furnaces n two tanks…i need 1.25. but yea it’s a bunch of bs…my retarded ass neighbor could have called me or my dad first to let us know so that we could fix it ourselves instead of having to stop working on a job site early and come home

lol I only heard it a few times…I am glad someone knew what i was talking about here