Gauging Interest: Spec V Performance Parts

Hey guys,

Don’t read too much into this yet, but I’m considering selling off my mods so I can get into a different car. I haven’t decided on which one yet, but I have a few in mind, and I wanted to see if any local guys would be interested in some of the stuff I have.

The list:
Nismo Strut Tower Bar
Nismo Front Sway Bar
Nismo Rear Sway Bar
Nismo Lower Tie Bar
Nismo Bushing Kit + Control Arms (Never installed, brand new in box)
Nismo Suspension

Nismo Cold Air Intake
Nismo Camshafts
Hotshot Ceramic Header
HP Autoworks catless midpipe w/ Ghetto-Sim O2 spacer
GReddy Evo2 Exhaust system
Unorthodox Racing Pulley (Black)

Faktion Short Shift Adapter (Black)
GReddy Airflow Panel (has a small dent in it from the hood, but is perfectly functional)
OnStar Antenna (Stubby antenna)
Custom Enterprise Chrome Guage Rings for 04+

Now, the following parts are not very easy to remove from the car.
Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts
Braided Stainless Brake/Clutch Lines
(If I did part them out, the buyer would be required to help remove them and replace the brake fluid before the car goes back to Nissan)

The prices would be reasonable, and would be well under what it would cost to bring these parts into the country, which don’t forget includes shipping cost, duty, brokerage charges, etc. The Nismo stuff will be an especially good deal considering replacement value from dealers.

Now, again, don’t get all excited about this just yet. I HAVE NOT removed any parts from the car yet, and am still deciding whether to part. If you are interested, please post up what parts you’d be interested in.

Thanks guys! :smiley:

Forgot to mention that if you guys know someone who is looking for a Spec V that is modded, I would be willing to discuss signing my lease over to them.

In case you’re wondering why I’m having the change of heart on the car, I’ve just been a little saddened by how much it will cost to Motor Swap/Turbo/Supercharge the car. I still love it, but unfortunately I’ve got bigger automotive plans than the Sentra will allow, and I could actually put myself in a position of owning a car instead of merely leasing.

Haha you girl. Thats like a 20 min job for one guy. LOL :butthead:

What are you looking at picking up?

How much for the Header?
Nismo Bushing’s?
On-star Antenna?

How much for your Engine? :finga:

And ALL of you Spec V, Altmia 2.5, and X-Trail Guys out there if you don’t jump on this I will think you are all smoking crack, cause you will never get as good of a deal as this on any of this stuff. So suck it up and fork out some cash.

Louis, with my luck the goddamn engine would fall on my head. I didn’t install those myself, so I have no idea how to get them out. :smiley:

Nick, I still haven’t figured out how much I would need to get for the header. It would likely be somewhere around $350. I’d actually like to sell the Header and the HP Autoworks downpipe as a set for around $550. I paid nearly $700 for the two not including duty and brokerage charges when they were new.

The Stubby Antenna is in perfect shape, so I’ll ask what I bought it for, which is $20.

The Nismo Bushing kit cost me about $350. Considering it’s never been used, I would ask around $325. Last time I checked, Ericksen couldn’t even bring up the part number, and I’m not aware of a Spec in Canada that has had the bushing kit installed on it.

The reason I didn’t post prices yet is because I want to figure out how to get the best deal for me while giving the best deal to the buyers. I have $5500 worth of mods on the car and I’d like to get around $4000 back from them.

As far as cars I’m thinking about, I’ve seen a few nice GT-R’s that I would consider, or a high horsepower S13. Again, not 100% sure what direction I’d be taking in that regard just yet.

Wow good luck with that man I made about a 1/3 of my money back when I parted my car, lol.

How much for the Bushing’s?

I know selling out will be a challenge, but I already have a guy in Winnipeg interested in the Coilovers/FSB/LTB and he was ready to jump on the chance to buy my stuff at the prices I wanted to sell at.

The thing is, if you look at the replacement cost of most of these parts, I’m charging something like 60% of their original value and they haven’t been used that much. I’m getting a sense that I can still make some decent money back without overcharging or having to give the stuff away.

Take my GReddy Evo2, for example. New from a shop, it would run you around $900 CAD, plus the cost to ship it to your house. I’m thinking of charging $550, and it’s only been used one year (Installed last year on March 4). At that price, I’m taking about a 25% loss, but the buyer is getting a 40% saving over retail.

LOL

Oh, and we’ll see how I do on the parts sell off. No one has said my prices are unreasonable yet, and I think I’m being fair. Obviously I’m going to try to get as much as possible for them, but I think I can do a little better than 1/3 of the original price. I guess we’ll see. :slight_smile:

the LOL I did was cause I had asked like 3 times how much for the Bushing’s without a reply. Anyhow thanks for letting me know man still too rich for my blood tho, I can get them shipped to my door for $280(canuckistan dollars), but I had totally forgot about this mod, thanks for reminding me :E. If you do this it will suck that the VQ will never happen.

*edit wow I can’t believe I totally missed that post saying how much you would let them go for my bad man. :oops:

Kris… How many Damb times have I told you… I have dibs on everything on that damb Spec V :nono

Ha ha ha…Ok Ryan.

I guess if I decide to part out, you’re the first one I’ll ask. Local guys will definately get the first crack at my stuff though, I’d like to see all my mods stay in Canada. :slight_smile:

If you do this it will suck that the VQ will never happen.

Yeah, but it will suck more putting that kind of money into the car considering what I still owe on it. Because it’s a leased car, I would have to finance the remainder of the car and then pay for the VQ swap on top of that, which I would estimate to cost at least 6K. It just doesn’t seem worth it to me. You guys that own your cars have it much better off, believe me!

Besides Nick, there’s nothing saying you can’t do the VQ swap yourself! :E

Good Point, but I love the QR I’m not a sellout, I believe in this engine. Anyhiw where are the rest of the Spec boys, not a single one has posted recently.

I have. :partyman:

I’d like to buy most of your stuff but I am too poor. As for selling the spec it’s a good idea if you are after more performance then what you can get from these cars. It’s acool idea to have a spec with a VQ swap done but not practical imo. If I wanted that kind of performance I would buy a car that is already at that level or able to be pushed there more easily. The spec is a great car and fun to drive, but it’ll be near impossible to push 200hp+ n/a without a very deep bank account. Just my .02$

I call dibs on the RSB, unless someone else has.

No one’s called dibs on anything just yet, but if I decide to sell you get first crack at it! :E