Gear discussion

I am so jelly man, those are some baller boots! :excited

In case it ever became an issue, some circuits don’t allow metal toe sliders; put duct tape on top to hide them if it became an issue…:rofl

I look like a storm trooper with them on but they are pretty baller pumas! Got a killer deal on them too and good call on the duct tape! Haha

Unless someone came out with one that is cheaper or with better features, this is going to be the one for next season. Lightweight, 4 shell sizes, Snell 2010, came with 2 shields and within my price range.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AyoB6BX4Mw[/ame]

Stay away from this company Komodo

Never even heard of them…

Another reason for not wearing laced boots is it it nearly impossible to sinch them down tight enough to give you the support necessary to protect your foot, ankle and shin in a crash.

I’m surprised your one of the only track junkies here:lol they used to have a good name among the track nuts, but as of late there has been talk of this company closing up shop and walking away. This would be a clear sign of that to me the costumer service is horrid.

Not track junkie enough…:ahh

Vanson had horrid customer service too, but racers still buy from them…

for the money I’d have gone name brand company. As much as I want to support smaller business with these type or horror stories I’d rather be safe then sorry.

Dedicated riding boots is the way to go, in terms of have the best ankle/shin protection.

Good, yea im deff looking forward to this:) who is the best person to contact to see what there rules are gonna be IE; for my leathers do i need one piece or is 2 piece ok, my helmet is good, but what else just boots and gauntlet gloves? I want to start buying everything I need now lol

Unless you need the gear now, i would definitely wait for sale in the off season. 2pc leather is find as long as they can be zipped together. Gear rule don’t usually vary that much from club to club, but some clubs might require a stand alone rated back protector.

thanks for advice! so prices drop in winter? ok cool ill wait forsure lol!!! prolly geting a back protector anyways along with the 2piece, i like how on 2 piece you can use jacket seperate for street riding:)

I would say keep you eyes up may be mid fall. One advantage of getting a 2 pc is you can size the jacket and the pants differently, which is a big plus for people with difficulty finding a 1 pc that can fit well both on their torso and legs. So do take that into consideration.

good point! yea ima deff get a 2 pc then! ill keep my eyes out for deals then, It just sucks i have no idea what im looking for lol

I gotta get gear as well so ill be shoppin this winter for sure

me 2 bro lol

Check out Motorcyclegear.com
I have purchased lots of great gear in their clearance section.
Or if you have a hard time finding things to fit tryteiz motorsports Custom tailored at off the rack prices

I would join a site for my respective bike, checkout the vender sections. Ridersdiscount and Sports bike track gear have some good prices on stuff if you contact them personally. Also WERA ALWAYS has some amazing new or barely used gear up for grabs.

Whats everyones glove recommendation? looking for something light weight yet durable. Learned the hard way thor mx gloves dont hold up