For those of you who don't wear gear.

Because you say you’re a safe rider and you don’t push your limits.

It’s not always you that you have to worry about.

that sucks looks like the blue car ran a red light, he sees the moto at the last minute. moto runs into the car and the car steered right into the cement barrier…

Yep, you can even see the green for the bike on the traffic light.

He never knew what him.

ok I don’t think a fucking jacket, pants, boots, and gloves would h ave done shit for him there.

thread fail/:retardclap

I don’t know about gear, but this is the exact reason I get so scared of bikes.
Other people are way too retarded, it’s too unsafe.

Maybe not in that specific instance, but if the car clipped him instead, or he tried to avoid the car and lost control, the skid would have ensued.

And you’re forgetting that proper riding pants, jacket, gloves and boots all have armor in them, which will help.

wtf at the biker who just rode away

Dear bikes-

No thanks.

i’m with u all the way on this one.

must be sober tonight??:rofl

Alot of people in cars have no respect for bikes (not saying they have to),But most people just think guys on bikes are out to play around with cars and thats not the case.

Yea but it goes both ways, some people ride like assholes, I always see morons fly by me when I’m riding weaving thru heavy traffic at high speeds…I don’t give a fuck how long you have been riding or how good you think you are, your fucked if someone has to slam on the brakes or swerve to avoid debris in the road.

But yea def people need to keep an eye open I don’t know how many times people have changed lanes nearly hitting me b/c they trust a quick look in the mirror instead of turning there head to actually look for other traffic.

lol why do you say that? A car accident can be just as deadly…people that wreck on bikes just make the news more often then car crashes.

I completely agree, you can be the safest rider in the world… but its that one guy who cuts you off and then your fucked

I dont know how you could ride without some sort of armor… I can’t imagine the pain from road rash

+10,000,000. i’ve gotten tiny little shits from bicycles and it hurts pretty good, over your whole body would suck slightly harder

For bikers, green means proceed with caution. You can do all you can while riding to be as safe as possible, sadly that is only enough to save yourself from yourself.

Just took a ride this morning, almost got hit by a truck making a left turn. You guys know about the accident near Seina?

No didn’t hear of that one?

I know there was a recent one right by the airport, where a rider ended up in a tree, no happy ending.

That’s why I like riding at night better, visibility is a bit worse, but there are virtually no other cars on the road, not nearly as many morons to worry about.

http://capitalnews9.com/content/top_stories/369990/motorcycle--car-collide-in-colonie/Default.aspx

That is quite unfortunate.

took a left hand turn off of Spring Street Road into Guillaume’s path.

Doesn’t even seem like it was the typical “taking a left in front of the bike” driver error either, he just pulled out onto the street, cutting off the rider with most likely a side impact. =(