Another Bike Accident

I was on my way home from work and going north bound on the northway was a SUV that toppled over a motorcycle… I get nervous because I have lots of friends who have bikes, but I wouldn’t get on one to save my life. When are people going to start paying more attention to people on motorcycles? This is like the third one this week… :frowning:

Do you have any details??? Like a sport bike or cruiser, colors?

unfortunetly no, i was driving southbound and saw all the twisted up metal… It was in between the Wolf Rd exit and the Siena exit on the northway… sorry, that’s all I got :frowning:

Oh ok thanks anyway…my stomach always drops when I hear things like this, never know if its one of my riding buddies. I have lost quite a few friends on bikes. Yet I still could never give up riding.

I called one of my buddies to make sure he was ok because I get nervous when I see or hear about these things… This is the third motorcycle accident this week, WTF is going on…???:wtf

To be honest this happens every year…it gets mid to late part of the riding season and people start to become careless and this is the result of it. It sucks but its how it happens.

Ever think its people riding motorcycles like complete fucktards causing the accidents?

The one this weekend hit a tree. No cars involved.

Ive seen bikes cut in and out of traffic at high rates of speed on the northway, ride the lines, etc.

Not always people in cars causing accidents involving bikes.

it makes me nervous because a few of my friends have bikes, I hate when they follow behind me or even in front of me because I worry that something will happen… I’m rediculous when it comes to worrying about that stuff

This is also true.

That guy that hit the tree, that crash is still under investigation as to why it happened…

Some squid blew by me today on Central when I was driving my moms car. I was going 50 and this moron comes flying up weaving in and out of cars. Of course no riding gear, not even a pair of gloves. Just a helmet to be legal.

yea man, thats definetly true SOMETIMES…but in a lot of the cases people just aren’t considerate of bikes the way they should.

When i crashed last month it was bc the lady never looked…Im just happy i wasnt going fast and i didnt end up seriously injured or dead

See, that shit’s how people get hurt/killed. Central Ave is a heavy traffic area, driving like an ass through there isn’t smart. And if I was EVER caught on a bike, (not likely) I would be covered from head to toe in gear and shit, there isn’t a frame to protect you like there is in a car…

I also agree with this, it’s hard to see bikes sometimes…or people are too lazy to look…1 split second can cost someone their life

all valid points as to why I hung my leathers up. I’m not willing to take that risk

Same, I have quite a few friends out on their bikes daily and I’m a big worrier when it comes to stuff like this.

After I got hit I rarely rode mine. It’s way too much of a risk with other cars on the road and it’s way too easy to do stupid shit on them and get yourself in trouble. I posted it for sale, got what I was asking for it and haven’t regretted selling it yet.

When I ride, some consider me a fucktard… I know people I pass or see me, think I am a jackass, figure they will see me on the ground a head, or maybe even worse thoughts. Those are usually the people who A: don’t ride, B: don’t pay attention and are a risk to me, C: don’t know me and my skill/awareness level personally, or D: 100% correct at that moment. :slight_smile: I know my bike, my skill, and I am completely aware of the things going on around me, as much as I can be. Risk VS Reward.

These people are who fuck up the image for the rest of us. I don’t ever follow, or sit next to anyone on the road if I have the conditions to do so. If those conditions can be met by me dropping a gear and blowing by, or weaving between a few car to get ahead and be on the road “by my self” I will do it. It may look like a risky move, to some people, but I know how long my bike is, and I have excellent instinct from my racing mindset. I get the fuck away from other people, one way or another.

I rode central ave for 2 years from amsterdam to crossgates/155 every day of the week. Heavy traffic I call grid lock, where nobody is going anywhere. Your idea of heavy traffic is probably when each lane has maybe 2-3 car lengths ahead/behind each other. That is heavy for a car, but for a bike it is nothing. You watch people, my eyes are glued to the rear/side views of the car I am passing, I watch the movement of the car, and anticipate what they are going to do. once I commit to passing them, I am only interacting with that car for 1-2 seconds, and I keep my “get away zone” on the road open at all times. Some call it splitting lanes, reckless driving… i call it survival.

I looked at my bike once and it fell over. True story

Wow, DJ you suck. :tongue

:rofl Thats a good reason to stop riding IMO