gearhead's 1988 Celica Alltrac (#2 of 3)

Its rally cross time baby!

I think my blown out suspension might have to be changed for a rally cross, either way i’m down :cool:

After all my blood, sweat and tears, I’m pretty much fed up. My first 165 rotted away, now my “good” one. I parked it not long ago b/c a brake line blew. Well after being under it today, it was due to rust, and the rust has been eating away at my alltrac hardcore.

The deciding factor is the rear cross member. I’m sure i could find another, yada yada, but there is too much else that is rotting away. I think its time for this one to retire as well. :cry:

alright, alright… here’s the pics:

left/drivers rear subframe/crossmemeber mount"

Pass. side on its way:

drivers rocker in front of the rear wheel:

drivers behind the rear wheel:

pass. behind the rear wheel:

pass. in front of the rear wheel:

pass. floor board:

I’m going to think it over for a couple more days, but ultimately I think I’ll part the entire car out. I would sell it as a whole, but not to someone who wants to drive it but to someone who is able to repair it how it deserves.

that sucks big time not to often to see these and another one is about to bite the dust:(

ya, you don’t see them b/c apparently they rust away!

there rust buckets… sorry…

Ya, so you know hoe, the trade is off. I’ll have no need for all those 3sgte parts. :frowning:

Found some cradles that people have offered up, but just need the time to go get them. So i’ll hopefully get that in, then pull the motor to do the clutch and run the shell in for all the body work. Hopefully by the end of this month i’ll have progress on it. All i know is i’ll be spanking some bitches hard at flashlights :smiley:

oh ya, found just a couple more snow pics… lord is it fun in a foot of snow!

YES!

jesus and I thought i had problems with the 240… sorry to hear man best of luck

thanks man, it’ll come together with time.