GEEKS HELP! Something is blocking my internets!

It’s weird, like some traffic is being partially blocked, but is on the laptop.

Symptoms:
I can hit an html web page like www.msn.com, but I cannot d/l a file to save my life. It pops up with the save as, then sits there trying to negotiate.

Secondary websites i try to load on another tab, like nyspeed.com, well I can get to them, but the little green status goes to the third or fourth bar and does nothing. If I hit stop i get half the page like it crapped out.

Anything with Flash, completely phucked…like mapquest.com or adobe.com
. maps.google.com…it wont bring up the map.

Happens in both IE and Firefox, but a little less in Firefox. Cannot d/l files from links in Firefox either…pops to save, then just sits there.

Seems to have no rhyme or reason. I can go to msn or yahoo. But go to nyspeed and I wait and wait. But hit refresh and cross my fingers, then maybe the page will complete loading.

I have 3 computers on my home network. this is the only one that does it so it’s not the ISP or my router. It is hardwired right now, so not the wireless.

I’ve reinstalled IE7 and disabled the antivirus temporarily, scanned for with spybot and antivirus and nothing changes.
Decreased IE security to Low as well. Thought it was flash/addins, but since it’s affecting d/l and simple nyspeed page viewing…not really sure what the bottleneck is.

HELP!

OH NOO!!!

The computer is telling you it wants a break and you should go use one of the other two

It’s going to have to learn disappointment, because I need it to do some stuff for me.

did you reboot the router/modem?

install the latest driver available for the wireless card from your notebook manufacturer.

outside of that, disable all firewalls (windows included) temporarily. and test it on another network. Also if you are on wireless, try hard wiring it and see if you get the same thing.

trying wireless stuff wont help.
and i would just try power sourcing the router/modem i.e. unplug it for 15 seconds and plug it back in.

while i guess i didnt read all of it lol, still try and take the laptop to another internet source to try and isolate the problem to just your connection.

If it’s doing it wireless and wired, and the other computers on the network aren’t having problems, im 99% sure its going to be a dns issue, to where the first thing i would say is what has already been suggested - resetting the router (if it’s what i think it is this wont matter, but it’s easy and could fix it). If that doesnt work, i would then disable (again) any and all firewalls/anti virus protection. (my parents had this problem when they installed mcaffee…) From there, i would set the DNS server info manually (either on the wire or wireless card) to 4.2.2.1 (leave the ip part alone if you dont have one set up) and reply back with which one (if any) fixed the problem.

Try using CCleaner to wipe out all your temp files (and clean up your registry as well).

ok, so i killed some old programs, then wiped the temp internet cache and rebooted… and so far so good.

…knocking wood.

i guess it was bloated cache, i’ve never deleted it…i just thought it was odd that box ffox and ie were killing traffic.

thanks.