Gene Haas sentenced to 2 years

Owner of Haas Automation and Haas CNC Racing (NASCAR)…

I own a couple of small Haas devices but no machining centers.:slight_smile:

He paid the gov’t back 2X what he owed…and still is serving 2 years…

When OJ murdered his wife and he got off free…

FUCK THE US OF A AND IT’S JUSTICE SYSTEM

god that pisses me off

Same Haas from Newman/Haas Racing?

is this the same device DALE EARNHARDT DID NOT wear when he was killed? And now all nascar drivers wear it?
It’s either Hass or Haans device

HANS (head and neck support) is the safety device. Different thing.

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:2,topic:38352"”]

god that pisses me off

[/quote]

AGREED. The US is a fucking joke.

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:2,topic:38352"”]

god that pisses me off

[/quote]

The OJ cases pisses me off, but you’re pretty off base for comparing these two case.

OJ = found not guilty. (incorrectly in my opinion, but the verdict is what it is).
Haas = admitted guilt.

When you cheat big on your taxes and get caught you don’t just get to say, “Ooops, ok, let me just write a check and we’ll call it even”.

[quote=“JayS,post:7,topic:38352"”]

The OJ cases pisses me off, but you’re pretty off base for comparing these two case.

OJ = found not guilty. (incorrectly in my opinion, but the verdict is what it is).
Haas = admitted guilt.

When you cheat big on your taxes and get caught you don’t just get to say, “Ooops, ok, let me just write a check and we’ll call it even”.

[/quote]

The VERDICT was his point and was the issue with this countries idiotic system of values.

He cheated with money, pay it back with money… whooptie do.

Lowlife Simpson killed 2 people and got away with it because he had money. THIS is what is off base. They should have cut his arms off and ripped his heart out of his chest… that would have been FAIR and on the same level.

In addition I would like to add that ADMITING GUILT is the stupidest thing you can do in our legal system. In the case of a traffic ticket for example, you admit guilt they give you a mandatory minimum ass fucking such as major points, fines, and a record.

You plead “not guilty” (what a fucking joke) you get off with paying the fines with no points and no record.

Our entire legal system is based on lies and MONEY.

In your system do you have any idea how much fraud there would be? Hell, I’d cheat on my taxes if I knew getting caught was just going to be a fine. The reason these white collar crimes have criminal consequences is that most people who would commit them have the money to pay the fine.

You’re all pissed off (isn’t that a shock) about people with money buying their way out of trouble, but then you advocate a system where you can break the law and just pay a fine? As usual you’re just a giant contradiction of misplaced anger.

The OJ case pissed us all off, but it’s the exception not the norm. Besides that, if you want to be pissed in that case, be pissed at a horrible judge, DA, and ignorant jury. Yeah, being rich means you can buy your way out of trouble. Tell that to Ken Lay, John Rigas, Michael Vick or Jeffrey Skilling.

Where the system is broken is civil court, and it’s why tort reform places high on my list of candidate priorities.

Thanks for posting for me Jay, I was in a meeting this afternoon.:biglaugh: