General KA-T questions.

Hiya folks.

Im looking for some help with my KA-T setup. My motor is from a 94 S14, and it will eventually run a JWT ECU. The motor already has S13 cams.

Im wondering what success people have had with particular turbos. Sadly, Im not rich, so budget is a major factor.

Im also wondering opinions of using an Ebay intercooler, while they are cheap, im thinking it’ll quickly become a massive boost leak.

Lastly, what would you suggest for the FMIC piping? Running it is easy, I just have to decide what to use.

Thanks- redline.

for a turbo the most common are t25 from the sr20, but depending on ur power goals u may want something bigger. i personally would not trust the ebay intercoolers but if you dont want to spend a ton of cash hit up bings section under vendors or www.bings.ca and check out his intercoolers.

Can’t really answer your turbo questions without knowing the use of the car and your power goals.

Personally, I would scrap your JWT ideas. There are many better options but again, it’s tough to say without knowing your goals

As for cheap intercoolers - contact Bing. Lots of guys are running his unbranded IC’s with no problems.

And search cearch search - lot’s of KA-T guys here.

ka-t.org would be an excellent resource if you aren’t already a member.

Id really like to see 250-275 RWHP, but Im not sure how bad driveability will suffer. The car will be used for a short daily drive and as a weekend racer. Drift events dont exist around here, nor do autocrosses. Drag racing is prolific, but thats a little redneck for this car.