here we go

Ok, i decided to start buying parts to turbo my ka, since going all motor seems a bit of a pain in the arse. Anyways, i’ve searched dozens of sites and i would your opinions on what to buy, where to start. Most everyone on here has a turbo setup and experience with manufacturers and know whats good. I definitly do not have 4g’s to spend on a turbo kit. So if anyone has some info, or knows someone that has some parts, i would love to know. thanks

If you are going KA-T, go to http://www.ka-t.org

And, if you don’t have $4000, you might as well pack it in unless you have skills like Chris.

id have a little more than half if sold my car. lol

Plus i hear you can get about 5g’s for a kidney. Anyone interested.

Plus son member lucky is selling turbo ka goodies.

If you grab lucky’s stuff, all you’d need is a manny (cheap) and some sort of fuel management (and a fuel pump & injectors, unless he’s throwing that in too). I reccomend MegaSquirt or BikiRom. You’d also need some more piping to adapt his I/C piping to your application, and a nice exhaust wouldn’t kill ya either. All in all, I’d say it’s doable for 2Gs, but you better jump on his sale before someone else does.

(just to make things clear, I believe lucky was selling a turbo, smic, piping and bov, right? maybe injectors, but I don’t remember.)

its definately doable for 2g’s, depends on what you are aiming, if you dont got dough, make a skinny little setup, and than upgrade as you live, i know its more expensive in the long run, but thats all ya can do if you dont got dough, its kinda like financing and mortgage lol

I was actually lucky enough to get a intercooler from a good friend when he upgraded his, so thats one step done. Im just waiting to here back from lucky. And thank god gas went down. Its about 260 a gallon. Horray

“240sx is the car for me
outside in the rain is the place to be.
faster and faster i see something i yurn
girlfriend screaming, watch out for that turn
but as i throw a down shift and feather the gas
how effortlessly i drift into the past.”

wtf!!! :evil: :evil: :twisted: :greddy: :greddy: :greddy:

Dude that is like poetstyles or something

lmao. clever… a little :greddy: … but clever.

dude

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16976

if you dont have $4k then dont bother, because you wont be doing it properly.

definately dont cut corners, and always buy decent products.

always assume that you will go 50% over budget and have the $$ on hand.

just buy an sr clip for 3500 and enjoy the same power, with more reliability and less hassles…

Agreed but there is not excitment to wonder if your motor is going to blow eveytime your boost gauge goes over the 0 mark :slight_smile: