Where do you get turbo kits for KA24E? in GTA

i need to find a cheap place to turbo my KA next year. i have my eye on a car already soo all i need is turbo for performance parts. please post if you know anywhere.

Tyrone

Cheap and turbo dont go together in a sentence especially if you are looking to have someone do all the work for you.

As for shops, check out Metalex, TAG Racecraft, actually there is a thread on here that mentions where people get their work done check there.

You’re looking at least $4000 for a turbo kit installed in your 240.

4000? I would push that up another 1000 for an SOHC. Then have another 200 laying around to buy yourself another motor after a week of abused.

Andrew.

3 stupid words: do it yourself, then another 4 words: buy the car first, then some more words: maybe see if you can push the n/a motor to the limit before turboing ?

all in all, whatever floats your boat man =)

These Kids make it sound like its easy…in his other post he said he’ll just drop in some forged pistons, turbo it and make 300hp. Yeah, I wish it was that easy.

Thats great too though, spend all this money on engine upgrades, make 300hp and run around on stock brakes and suspension. Bloody accident waiting to happen. This is why cops don’t like modified cars, cause half of the bone heads are dangerous.

Andrew.

im not saying that i will put all that in my car. im just saying that a little bit more power will be nice. when i do get a turbo kit im probly going to run it on like 5 psi. you can only go soo fast on the street. i cant belive that street racing even came up in this.

by the way, i have to do some body work on the car before any performance upgrades anywase. im just trying to figure out how much money i will have to spend for all these upgrades.

Tyrone

go sr20… it will be a lot easier for you :slight_smile:

only go ka turbo if u want to go big

otherwise sr is far more reliable if your on a budget

doller per doller u cant make a reliable kat setup for cheaper than sr

Couldn’t have said it better myslef…

Couldn’t have said it better myslef…[/quote]
here here

how is the Sr for emmisions though? what would i need it to pass?

Tyrone

SR is prime, many people here have passed just like that.

wouldnt it be cheaper to rebuild the ka though?

Tyrone

^^^ Why would you rebuild a KA?

i want to save money? and i want an engine that will last long.

Tyrone

So then get a SR.

Contact Avery, he has a prime complete SR Front clip.

I think he’s only asking $3500 for it and with that $3500 you basically
have EVERYTHING you need to go turbo and to go turbo right.

Take it from me and some of the onther senior members who have been
through this all if your looking for relyable and cheep front clips is the way to go.

Here’s the link to the front clip.

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14823

i have no space in my driveway or garage for a front clip whole clip. would i really need a whole front clip to do the swap? besides i dont have the money to buy the motor but thatnks anyways. i was just looking around to see how much i have to spend on this car.

Tyrone