Get On Track - Fun Days at Nelson Ledges

There are three Fun Days left on the schedule for this year.
Friday, October 05 / Friday, November 02 / Saturday, November 03

Fun Days were created for the amateur sports car enthusiast; low performance cars and club racers.
People that have always wanted to experience the thrill of “On Track” driving but in a safe,
controlled atmosphere are welcome to attend.

I have posted the links to all the info you need to know but in short:

On Fun Days, gates open at 8 A.M. Track time is 10 A.M. to 4 P.M., with a half-hour break taken for workers.

The cost to participate in Fun Days is as follows:
$ 120.00 / per driver
$ 5.00 / crew or spectator
All fees are payable by cash or check

Track time will be between 20-25 minutes per session. This is for your safety.
A helmet is required. (Snell approved motorcycle is OK)
All open cars and convertibles must have a roll bar, reinforced factory rollover protection; similar to a Porsche Boxter or BMW M3.
Proper attire is required. This is defined as sleeved shirt, closed-toe shoes and long pants. NO shorts, tank or halter- tops, sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed; shoulders, legs and feet must be covered. Again, this is for your safety.
We do allow a passenger, over the age of 18 and helmeted, in the car with you.

http://www.nelsonledges.com/GOTFunDays.aspx

This is in car footage of a lap around Nelson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HXVuVqN7m0

I personally would prefer the November Friday event, there is a rallycross the 3rd,
and I think everyone can take a sick day to go to something like this.

Nelson Ledges is 4 hrs away, so I guess the convoy should start between 4-5 am.

5 and half hours of track time for a $120

SO WHO’S IN…

One of my fav tracks, if I’ve got the Spec car “ready” but not fully prepped I’m doing the days in November.

+1, if I can get a trailer soon I’ll be there (if not, next year).

Nelson Is a great track! And tinyrally…were you at stpr 2006? The car looks familiar

Looks like it will be a nice day too, I wonder if they do any last minute stuff.

x…

Fail. at reading the sig much.

pretty sure he made an appearance on the podium. :poke:

Friday, October 26th is also a funday. Good for those that want to watch the Pumpkin.

and repost… (but not on specific dates)

I think im blind…I seriously do…

The 26th date was canceled.
I did read this somewhere but can’t find it now to link a post.

As far as I know you do not need to pre-register. You can just show up last minute.
“While there is no pre-registration for FunDays, we do recommend that you call the track at 440.548.8551 or check the website to confirm, as dates are subject to change.”

The pumkin is a great event and I may go down for that Sunday.
And yes I was at STPR '06 in the car on my sig

Only two weeks before the event and nobody has said they are definitely coming yet BUMP

I’ll be doing the sprint races and sharing the enduro with FairgentlemenZ (car owner) If you’re an SCCA member you can help crew for us in the enduro if you want.

I may do the sat. event in November.