Getting my license back?

So I totally forgot about a no front plate ticket I had recently and never paid it. Called the court the other day and they said my license should be suspended. I’m curious how difficult of a process it is to get it back, and what kind of trouble I could be in driving on a suspended license. I’ve heard stories from peoples cars being impounded to them just getting a ticket and the officer letting them call someone to pick them up. The court said to just send in a money order for the $70 unsuspend my license, and then they will send me a bill for the original fee as well…simple as that. However, a friend of mine is convinced that its a much more drawn out process.

looking for some insight from anyone who’s been through the process.

I would have just did what the court said and not made this thread.

yeah.

you pay the court, they give you a release, you go to dmv.

always have the release on you if you are driving before the dmv clears it up.

if you are caught driving on a suspended license, most of the time you will get at least one ticket and most of the time you will get towed, depending on the officer.

QFT…

And if you’re unlucky and mouth off to the officer like a lot of NYspeeders who come on here and bitch about cops… you’ll end up getting arrested seeing it is a mistermeaner charge…

misdemeanor, lol, but yeah, it is.

LOLLLLLL @ Mr. Meaner

You could just go to the DMV website and read what it says about suspended licenses. I wouldnt be surprised if there is a warrant out for your arrest since you skipped out on the ticket.

LMAO… yea… I slept like shit and am still 3/4 asleep…

ive been through this a few times

did you recieve a letter form the dmv saying your license was suspended? they mail one out 30 days before it actuall yis suspended. at least, they used to… find out for sure if it is in fact suspended.

if it is and if you get pulled over while driving on it you will be arrested for AUO (aggravated unlicensed operation) and your car will be impounded. it is A MR. MEANOR but this ticket will likely be reduced to something without a lawyer, as long as you get the original ticket (why your license was suspended in the first place) taken care of

so take car of the og ticket, bring PROOF of this to court, pay the scoflaw fee (last time i had to deal with this it was $35)

good luck

OMG Mr. Meaner!!! i believe i peed a little.

I’ve recieved NOTHING in the mail from this court…nothing at all, ever. The tickets in their system, however. Thanks for all that have put some input in. I fully intend on paying the ticket, yadda yadda - just was curious as to the process!