getting some wheels coated. polish the lip?

I’m debating polishing the small lip that is on the face of the wheel. It’s about a half inch wide. Not too sure if I want to do it so I figured i’d get some opinions.

I’m getting the wheels done black regardless, since I can just put it through at work for free. just thinking about this.

DISCLAIMER:
The body kit and hood are long gone, these are the just the best pictures I had to show the wheels at good angles.

[SIZE=2]all black:

with a polished lip:

[/SIZE]

if you plan on clear coating it then ok. If not, then DEFINITELY don’t polish it

ixnay on the olishpay iplay

It’s getting cleared regardless of the options. just to add some protection if it’s all black, and for obvious reasons if I polish the lip.

I like all black better…silver lip breaks it up and makes the car look higher off the ground IMO…

If your wheel was a 2-piece or a mock 2-piece or at least had a lip, it probably wouldn’t look bad but your car doesn’t have anything else that’s polished or chrome. It won’t look right at all. At least buy some wheels with a lip before you try polishing them.

Like I said in the OP, theres a half inch flat face on the edge of the wheels. Which, originally, is polished while the rest of the wheel was silver.

all black.

Do the lip in red. That all-black look is overplayed and adds nothing to the visual appeal. Contrast can be your friend.

/devilsadvocate

omg straying from the beaten path?!?!?! hehe. i actually like your idea alot.

:tup: :slight_smile:

I pondered that idea before, but the car may end up being all black. (It’s not even the same red as in the picture anymore)

So i’m not too sure with that one. But def a good suggestion.

keep it red, with red lip! black on black cavy meh…

time attack style!

Red barrels, black centers

EDITED for a better combo

no polish.

Go with the all black look. IMO

That’s actually a “machined” finish. It’s unpolished, straight off the lathe and clear-coated to prevent corrosion.

polish

i vote to leave them silver. you spend the money on rims, dont you think it would be better if you can actually see them?