polish wheels?

i have an 04 spec V with the 6 spoke wheels. i was thinking that while i have winter tires on the car i could get the alloy wheels polished over winter.

but i am debating whether the shinyness would look good- my car is silver and no tint

anyone else do this?

No it wouldn’t look good. And polishing your wheels pretty much means you’ll be polishing them ALL THE TIME, just to keep them looking halfway decent.

Polished wheels are for trucks and pimps IMO. But hey that’s just me. If you want your stock wheels to look better, paint them black or gunmetal, or have them powdercoated.

yeah i thought of black … it’s cheaper too

maybe i just need to hire more tricks and then get chrome wheels 8)

this is what im doing before winter is over. nismotion did it with his blackout and it looks soo good. i was thinking polished lip rims for the spec, but this is really nice on my black 03 and way cheaper.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2306000-2306999/2306351_69_full.jpg

that looks good except for the neon strip.

and yah polished would def not look good on your car, i say go gunmetal powdercoat forsure if anything. if you really want polished just get some dubs

^^ btw he just sanded the rims with some super fine scotch sand paper and bought a can of spray paint from can tire. turned out really good! neon sprip is only tape to its removable if i dont like it. u have a silver car right? id leave the rims, it matches nice.

if u still want some chrome. just get a polished lip, looks so good but $$$

to add to my post by the way… I have a polished lip with a gunmetal spoke. Polished lips are a lot different than ful chrome wheels.

http://www.importeast.ca/specv/newwheels2.jpg

no more decals either - that was back when I actually wanted the thing to win car shows. Then I realized racing was so much more fun.

that looks real dope man^^^^

thanks man. The only thing abuot polished lip wheels is that you have to be prepared for people telling you it looks smaller than its diamter. Those are 17s. I had 18s with banana peel rubber before and they weight a ton. Those are lightweight and I can actually run over a crack in the road without it giving me a back ache now. It’s all good. :slight_smile:

It look sa little betternow anyhow without all the vinyl.

The black Rims look good, I saw the other pictures of those rims on the guys car, looks sweet, but you should try to do the centre cap, looks tacky keeping that the Stock Colour.

Also what would look good on the 02-03’s would be that all balck, then a red stripe down the centre’s of all the grooves in the rims, I think that would look killa.

yah i noticed that he only painted the face… i was thinking of doing the whole rim with the red stripe. and yah i thought about painting the little lines in the spokes of the stock rims but i figured thats just a bit to much and will make it look ricy/cheap. i need to find a place that can remove my tires for me for cheap. id do it but i dont have the machine lol.

sry for the thread jack

thanks man. The only thing abuot polished lip wheels is that you have to be prepared for people telling you it looks smaller than its diamter. Those are 17s. I had 18s with banana peel rubber before and they weight a ton. Those are lightweight and I can actually run over a crack in the road without it giving me a back ache now. It’s all good. :slight_smile:

It look sa little betternow anyhow without all the vinyl.

http://www.importeast.ca/specv/specv01.jpg[/quote]

u sould probably benifit from rear wheel spacers i.m.o (or thicker ones if u alread have them)but that is the best looking spec i have ever seen for real