GhostRiding, Gone Wrong...?

[quote=“JayS,post:22,topic:24631"”]

And sometimes a society is dumb enough as a whole to allow putting that many people at risk. And when a grossly overloaded truck rolls over on them, that society shrinks a bit. I only have so much pity to go around, and I’m certainly not giving it to people getting hurt doing stupid shit.

[/quote]

Say you are a security guard in Manta Ecuador, guarding a hotel with a loaded shotgun. I prime job in Manta. Guess what this prime job makes you. 2 dollars a day. thats 14 dollars a week. And 730 dollars A YEAR, providing you worked every day that year…

So this guy has to get to work… How does he get there?
Buy a car? - no he makes 730 bucks a day.
take a taxi? - from his house to the hotel would be 2 dollars, then going back 2 dollars again. YAY! he is losing money on that one
ride a bike? - who knows where he lives could take up to an hour to get to work, then work a 12 hour shift, then an hour back.

or you take that 15 minute ride in the back of an over crowded truck, for who knows maybe even free, but probably like 10 cents. so he can net 1.80 on the day, not including him having to eat.

I know if I was in his situation, I would take the over crowded truck in a heart beat