GI: 98 Neon R/T SOLD!!!

SOLD!!

Here is our old 1998 Neon R/T. I’m not gonna lie, it’s in rough shape, but we are buying a new Hyundai this week and we no longer need it.

1998 Neon R/T, Black
133,xxx miles
Salvaged, rebuilt, no title, drives straight
Replaced hood, pass. fender, radiator, bumper support, and pulled the rad support back out a few inches, drives straight.
Bad oil leak somewhere under the timing cover, loses about 1 quart per 40 miles.
Small coolant leak, I think its a poorly fit lower rad hose.
Headgasket was replaced prior to us owning the car.
Steering rack was replaced since it was leaking, probably 3 years ago.
No AC
DEI alarm w/ keyless entry on drivers door.
EL reverse guages (already on the car when we got it)
Studded Hakkapalitta snow tires currently mounted on factory alloys
2nd set of Borbet 15" wheels, needs tires, nothing special.
Roof dented from keeping stuff on it when it was in the garage
Battery mounted in trunk, but sometimes pops fuse during crank, never got around to installing a circuit breaker back there.
Let me know if anyone is interested in it, or else it goes to the scrapyard.

Pics:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/supry/Neon/DSCN3157.jpg?t=1237945169

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/supry/Neon/DSCN3158.jpg?t=1237945228

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/supry/Neon/DSCN3159.jpg?t=1237945251

Dented Roof:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/supry/Neon/DSCN3160.jpg?t=1237945311

You’re trying to sell a salvage car, with no title… Scrap it.

You’ll never get more than $200.

but if someone wants it for that price, I’d rather sell it to them. Either way, if it doesn’t sell I’ll scrap it, but it never hurts to try.

pm neonglh and see if it wants it as a parts car or something silly like that

is there a way to get a title?

Most scrap yards wont even touch it with out a title. The reason being if it is stolen or if their is a lein on it. Big trouble if you squish a banks car. lol

This kind of car has to be parted out then cut into pieces and put in a metal dumpster.

Seems like it would make an awesome dirt racer/enduro/track car. Good luck mang.

DIBS. i need this. well, i want it. i have my reasons, you have a pm.

i want the fenders and possibly both bumpers then scrap it

would make a great figure eight car…

not gonna lie I’m gonna miss this car… whoever buys this has to keep the “Babe on Board” thing in the window, that’s non-negotiable. :lol:

not a bad car by any means in my opinion and def a great seller! GLWS Josh

99LS1 has got first dibs since he wants the whole car as is, unless someone else can make a higher offer. I’m gonna wait until we have the new car before I sell it, (which should be before the end of the month).

If this had a title it would be already sitting in my driveway :frowning: On another note what do the borbet wheels look like? I may be interested in just them. Pm me please. Thanks

Mike

Met seller today, kewl guy… So a bump is a given

Thanks for thinking of me :slight_smile: I have a parts car already though, so I do not need this one. Supry, good luck if you still have it! Feel free to PM me if you want to know a list of easy to sell items that you can get some quick $$ for, if you scrap it yourself.

–mark

Is there a price in mind? I’m still looking for a few 4cyl’s for crash a rama?

Neon9798 thanks for the bump.

Draftinwitjr3815 - I’ve been offered $250 so far.

Mopar65, I’ll get pics of the wheels tonight and pm you.

Sounds good to me!

PM slopoke. He sells Hyundai and loves Neon RT’s. Not sure if it will help you get the neon sold, but he could likely get you a better deal on your new car :slight_smile:

Can someone get ahold of Slopoke, his inbox is full and can’t receive my pm. Thanks.

if everyone falls through ill give you scap value 100bucks since it is hard to scrap a car without a title now adays. could pick it up when ever

I just pm’ed you, I used to have a white neon r/t with blue stripes with a few bolt ons god that was a fun car!