Giants vs. Saints

Proof that some of you are retarded.

Not a Giants fan, absolutely.

Retarded, no.

Although I did pick the Jets for my survivor pool, so maybe I’m just a little slow.

Yes, retarded and obviously a biased fan.

But, Eli as of last week had the #2 rating in the league including a perfect rating the week before. Sure, question the quality of teams he has faced but how do you explain the Pro Bowl appearance the year before? The Super Bowl ring? The Super Bowl MVP? The playoff appearances years-after-year.

Also, just to remind you as I got a feeling you are a Patriots fanboi: He outplayed Tom Brady and the Giants outplayed the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

I am a biased fan just like you, we just like different teams.

You’re right, they beat the Patriots in the Superbowl, TWO YEARS AGO.

I’m talking about yesterday; the Giants were embarrassed and the Patriots embarrassed a team.

They looked out of their league yesterday, just like they made the Raiders look last week. Except for Hixon, his runbacks were awesome.

Don’t confuse a fan with bias. I am a die-hard Giants fan but I am critical of them.

Your point? Does your judgement only span a duration of time that benefits you? OK. Patriots didn’t make it to the play offs last year and “lost” to Buffalo this year.

Again, let’s talk about week 1 of this year or last year inablity to make the playoffs? Or the Super Bowl? If you can select the time span, so can I.

They = secondary. The Giants offense looked like they typically did except when forced to play from way behind and they became 1 dimensional.

Also, secondary is ravaged. Sure, they lost and lost badly but you need to acknowledge it was a injury-plauged secondary.

I’ve never said I wasn’t critical of the Patriots. I already admitted they were outplayed in the Super Bowl. They played like shit last week, especially in the second half. I’ll be the first on to be critical of them.

Since I am a fan of a team you don’t like you can call me biased but because you like the Giants you are a diehard fan? Thanks for the distinction.

The Patriots had a respectable season, just missing the playoffs last year, without their starting quarterback. But since I’m biased I guess that doesn’t matter. You would make the same excuse if the same thing happened to the Giants.

If you want to go in the way back machine need I mention 3 Superbowl wins in 4 years and 2 Superbowl MVP’s, 4 Pro Bowls and the NFL MVP for Brady.

Plus his wife his hotter… (although Eli’s is no slouch).

Dude, you are a little over-defensive, it’s just football talk.

No one said you were or weren’t critical of them? The point of my post was that being a fan doesn’t mean you are biased. I think Patriot fans are a bit different because most of them are homers including you given your posts.

It’s a product of your posts and being a Patriots fan. It reminds me of the fanbois in the MID 90s with the starter jackets when being a Raiders fan was cool.

Respectable isn’t good enough for the almighty Patriots. The term overrated comes to mind.

Not impressive given he got beaten out in the game of his life by overrated Eli. :lol

Irrelevant.

I am just setting a homer straight. :slight_smile:

Giants will benefit from playing in a well below average NFC East this year…worst that conference has been in the 2 decades I can remember that I’ve been following football. They will make the playoffs but will lose in the first round unless they find a way to run the ball with more consistency. Eli was the #2 rated passer, but the Giants can’t win with him throwing the ball 40 times a game against a playoff team. They need to find a way to establish Jacobs or just stick with Bradshaw who has been the MUCH more effective running back this season. The Giants are at their best on offense when they can use the play action and stretch the field after establishing their ground game. Despite how ‘good’ their WRs are, they are not great. They had a hard time getting open against the Saints who aside from Darren Sharper have a very so-so secondary (have benefitted from playing mostly young QBs this season until seeing Eli). If you throw Eli into a game aganist a team like the Packers who have Woodson and Harris who can lineup against Smith and Manningham they will have huge problems in the pass game. They need to be able to setup Nicks/Hixon on long plays and exploit the middle of the field which is VERY difficult to do without a ground game unless your name is Tom Brady or Peyton manning. This is a really long post but I’m just giving my unbiased, Lions fan opinion of the G-Men from what I’ve seen this season.

It’s tough to judge any quarterback’s ability to throw the ball when they are behind as much as the Giants. Do you think Saints were thinking run? They were dropping back people into the pass.

Also, Jacobs is about the same with his yardage except he hasn’t broken a few long ones like last year. If he had, he would have his avg up a bit higher. I think he has fallin off but not nearly as much as the stats indicate. He typically makes 3-4 yards a carry but his #s were higher as he had some big runs.

I don’t know what’s wrong with showing loyalty to a team, you obviously do it with your beloved Giants. That makes you a homer too. You are the one who can’t look past the fact that they lost without making excuses. Every team has injuries. Yes it hurt them, but it’s not the only reason they lost.

Again, because I like a team you don’t like you can call me a homer. But you aren’t one because you are loyal to the Giants.

Wow, 3 Superbowls in 4 years, 4 Pro Bowls, League MVP and 2 Superbowl MVP’s is not impressive? Standards a little high? Let’s see the amazing Eli ever have that kind of career.

And nothing in your posts has made me believe that the Giants aren’t overrated this year. Sorry, call me fanboi, call me homer, call me whatever you want. I know what I saw yesterday afternoon, a Giants team that wasn’t ready for big-boy (sorry boi) football after beating up on three JV caliber teams.

[quote=Shawn96VR-4;459742]It’s tough to judge any quarterback’s ability to throw the ball when they are behind as much as the Giants. Do you think Saints were thinking run? They were dropping back people into the pass.

I don’t think it’s tough to judge them at all. In fact you get to find out their true abilities when a QB can maintain poise and engineer drives when they are down. I’ve seen Favre step up and do it, I’ve seen the better Manning do it and we’ve all seen Brady do it (obvious answer I know, being the ultimate homer fanboi).

Only someone with blind loyalty to a team would say don’t judge their QB because they were behind.

Again, don’t associate loyalty, being a fan, etc. with being a homer. I like the NY Giants first and foremost because this is fucking NY.

There is no excuse. They lost. I said they lost. I even said they lost badly. I just can see past the stats unlike a fanboi and can tell the reason why they lost was because of the secondary. Part of that was an injury including a potential pro-bowler with Kenny P. I, nor anyone else, can say that it would be different if they were healthy. However, one person CC Brown got completely exploited all day. Take the infamous Patriots and put them in that scenario and you can expect similiar results when exposed by a pass happy and talented Saints.

Most Patriots fans especially those outside of MA are homers. Sorry.

Did I say it wasn’t impressive? Brady is very talented and moreso than Eli. I am just pointing out that the UBER AMAZING Brady at his best on the best day of his life got outplayed. In your homerness, you fail to realize you insulted your god Brady when you insulted Eli. :lol:

It’s impossible to change your mind when your opinion is garbage and based on one game. Hell, you didn’t even consider how many points the Giants offense put up until the game was really over. Not to be crude but a few plays here and there and the Giants (who should not have won that game at all) could have been in it.

OK. fanboi. homer.

It’s a good thing you are some homer from Scotia and not someone like an ESPN analyst or something where your opinion might mean something. :lol

Wow, and there it is. I’m a fanboi homer who doesn’t know what I’m talking about because I’m a New Yorker and I don’t like the Giants. I was waiting for it.

It’s amazing how easily you get riled up by someone simply stating the obvious.

I don’t have to like the Giants because I live in NY. The Patriots stadium is as close to Albany as Giants stadium, which you obviously know is in NJ, not ‘fucking NY’ as you stated. Plus, I went to college in Rhode Island where all they play on TV is Boston teams (and no I’m not a Red Sox fan). And before you accuse me of being a frontrunner I started watching football and especially the Patriots two years before their first Superbowl win when they barely had a winning record.

Typical obnoxious Giants fan, ‘My teams the greatest, fuck you, fuck everyone who doesn’t agree or I’ll just try to beat you down with insults’. What’s next, are you going to say shit about my wife, maybe my mom? Call me a faggot? What’s next in the angry Giants fan playbook? I’m not some 20 year old kid fresh out of High School picking a fight.

Calm down and accept the fact that other people like other teams and can make comments about your team. I know NY sports fans would like to make that illegal but it’s not going to happen.

And it wasn’t just my opinion that the Giants weren’t ready for big boi football, numerous analysts said the exact same thing. I’m just the homer from Scotia who repeated it.

Cute smiley by the way, really drove your point home.

Maybe I should be an ESPN analyst because this guy basically said exactly what I, and most non Giant homers, are thinking.

including this little gem which has been my point all along;

“I tried to ignore the fact the Giants built their 5-0 record against some rather questionable competition. But in the aftermath of a 48-27 drubbing by the Saints, questioning the Giants’ status in the NFC is fair game.”

followed up by;

“This was supposed to be a battle of NFC heavyweights, but in all honesty, the Giants didn’t belong on the same field as the Saints.”

And this isn’t some Boston newspaper written by Patriot fanbois, it’s ESPN.

Sure why not? If you can make silly remarks, so can I.

Yea, I am riled up. :slight_smile:

Let’s tear down Times Square and plop a Stadium in the middle of Manhattan. Makes sense?

Congrats.

[SIZE=2]

I don’t recall saying the Giants are the greatest. You are confusing me with a New England fan in 2007. :slight_smile:

I have NO problem at all. It’s absurd to think that they are overrated given it’s ONE game in the 1st semester of the year. It’s absurd to make these comments given the team in which you covet where outplayed/dominated can be argued in the Super Bowl to end their perfect stretch. It’s absurd to call the QB that outplayed your Brady to be overrated when he outplayed your QB and given everything else he accomplished. All this and Patriots got beat by Buffalo. BUFFALO!

I actually chat with him quite often. BTW, he is Pro Giants and had them #1 in the league the last couple of weeks. I am sure he would say that given the end result.

And I almost missed this this one. It’s like Matt Mosley asked for my thoughts before he wrote the article.

“It was a step up in competition,” said defensive tackle Barry Cofield of playing the Saints. “It was like going from J.V. to varsity the way they were playing offensively.”

Actually the best idea I saw for a new stadium was on top of the rail yards next to the Javitt’s center. It was expensive, but so is the new Giant stadium. I think it was going to be for the Jets but who cares.

I see your point now. One game where their secondary was exploited means the Giants and Eli are overrated. They are no match for any of the other teams in the league (They beat a good Dallas team by the way).

But, Patriots who lost to the Giants and Brady was outplayed by Eli and who lost to BUFFALO this year are ready for the Super Bowl. I see.

Congrats