Giants vs. Saints

I really hope the 2nd half is NOTHING like the 1st half, this is just ridiculous how the Saints are scoring at will on the best defense in the NFL.
:banghead

:+1

Not looking good for big blue.

Giants are feeling the brees down there

this sucks ass.

Giants are lucky it’s not worse. It’s really pretty simple: No pass rush + banged up secondary + a pass happy Saints = bad news for Giants.

Yea it sucks having a injured secondary…especially with that receiving corps of the Saints.

That’s about it. Yes, be upset with the loss but the problem is because of no pressure and that secondary. The issue is can it be fixed going forward?

is it me or do the Giants seem to have multiple injuries in the secondary every year?

A LOT of injuries and it’s always the good players.

haha i didnt even see this thread…

I think Troy Aikman said it best during the broadcast when he pointed out the lack of real competition the Giants had faced coming into their game with the Saints. Their biggest win was a game over the Cowboys where they needed several breaks to go there win to eek out a close victory. It’ll be interesting to see how the Giants can rebound after the drubbing put on them by the Saints.

That’s a valid point but the Giants played well against the rush (until they dropped back everyone for the pass) and played well on offense.

Take away the horrible plays on the secondary and that game is dramatically different. The horrible plays are also caused by lack of talent in the secondary due to massive injuries. They are a very good team but any team with that sort of problem can be exploited and they were.

Terrible showing today. They better get there act together. The defense was just terrible. Im not going to even talk about injuries. The front 4 was healthy and did nothing. That was a asswhooping. I knew this game could go either way, however I did not expect that at all.

At least the Jets weren’t the only team to get embarrassed yesterday. I can live with that.

F’in New York teams.

Hey, one NY teams won! Thanks for the 6 gift wrapped footballs btw. :slight_smile:

5* lol.

F’in Sanchez. When I heard one of the announcers say he hasn’t played in inclement/cold weather before I immediately knew this was a loss. He better he get used to it QUICK, NY doesn’t get any easier. Wait till it starts snowing, etc.

Shawn - I’d be more worried about the G-Men DL getting NO pressure on Brees all day long. Your secondary can only cover people for so long…if you give any QB that long to throw…especially Drew Brees…your D is destined for failure. The Saints ran the ball quite well also, they just didn’t need to since the G-Men had no answer for Brees & Co through the air.

I’m worried as well but with Breese 3 step drop, there wasn’t much time.

Also, Giants rushed 4 quite a bit of the time to make up for the lack of secondary.

Still, there is a concern. Not sure how they get around the secondary problem but Brown played one of the worst games I have ever seen.

The Giants, especially Eli, are overrated. As one of the wrap-up guys said after the game last night “Welcome to the real NFL NY”

All I have to say is; 29 of 34, 380 yards, 6 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Sure it was against a team with no wins but it’s still an impressive line.