Global Warming

Yay or nay?

Discuss.

This is great haha. 30 years ago we were worried about Global Cooling and coming up with ways to help heat the earth which such radical ideas as spreading black ash on some areas of the polar caps to help absorb sunlight. The truth is the weather has major cycles that cycle just about every 30 years. So here we are with temps above normal and everyone freaking out. It is a weather cycle.

I heard it said that Al Gore didn’t invent the internet but he did invent global warming.

The Earths temperature fluctuates in cycles, the problem is humans haven’t been recording(or even around) long enough to have a clue what the Earth usually does. Though it appears temperatures are higher then they have been in the previous 20+ years, its also true they are no warmer then they were in the 1500s when there were no cars. We will be out of fuel with in 50 or so years, and think most of the damage that is done, has been done. Cars burn cleaner and are more effecient then ever, and coal is hardly ever used these days. I think over the course of the next 200-300 years the planet will cleanse itself or we will find a way to cleanse it properly. The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old, humans have only been on the planet for 200,000-400,000 years and only in the last 3000 years has there been huge growth in the fields of science and math, if you look at the rate of growth of the collective knowledge of humans its not hard to see that it’s almost exponential so the bulk of our knowledge has developed in the last few hundred years. The point of all of this is that humans have been around for such a short period of time in relation to the Earth we can’t begin to understand how it changes and what “normal” is.

A strong point from the “yay” crowd is stating the whatever is happening, humans have at the very least accelerated the process.

global warming ftw…no more winta!

I don’t mean to be a dick, its hard to pick up sarcasm on the web and we’ve never met. But you do realize global warming actually cools the Earth after a few years, right?

^^ in that case YAY GLOBAL warming more skiing, guess there will be a need for indoor tracks soon or some sweet autox courses covered in snow

:ahh

:matrix

I’m not sure on the exact figures but they extracted some ice that was on the bottom for a very very long time, i would assume since the last polarity change of the earth, and got date from that Ice.