GM back on top...Wtf Beck

The AWD was dropped because not every consumer is an AWD/Turbo humper and it would reduce the cost of a base model to be more competitive with other cars in the market segment both cost and fuel economy. The execution on many of GM’s ideas in the past have been poor to put it nicely, but the latest and greatest line-up isn’t bad compared to anybody. Being so big did help put them back to #1, but the profits aren’t #1 and that’s what really should matter.

If you are impressed by a new Focus you should drive a few other brand new vehicles. The only thing that impressed me about the Focus rental I had a few weeks ago was my ability to not throw up looking at the interior. The car drove nice and looked good from the outside, but interior design and quality left quite a bit to be desired.

I don’t get stupid shit like this, don’t you want every car company to produce really nice cars? Brand loyalty over stupid shit, no matter if it’s a Chevy humper or you being a proclaimed Honda humper is fucking dumb.

All I’ll say is that of the 3 domestic companies out there, Ford is doing it the best…the new Fusion should come out looking like a really decent car in the segment…

I know people want low cost vehicles but that’s what Chevy is for. Buick is supposed to be a more luxurious top of the line. AWD would have brought competition to bmw/audi/vw. They need to stop having the same car with 5 different names. Chevy should be base model to middle cars, Buick middle to upper, and Cadillac top shelf.

Fiesta’s are nice IMHO. Wish they were a tad bit cheaper though.

something id like to add about chevy…

guy at work has a new silverado with the 5.7 he bought last year, it has 24k miles. regular maintenence as needed. today the check engine light came on and he had low oil pressure. like 20psi when on the throttle and 15 at idle.

im awaiting to see what the dealer tells him. lol.

I think brand loyalty has a lot to do with this. You make all Chevy’s low cost vehicles and you’ll upset the die hard Chevy guys who appreciate the pricier (sport/luxury) models in their lineup. Buick has more luxuries, sure, but at the same time hasn’t their long running clientele been the 60+ crowd? Doesn’t mean they all have to be AWD but at the same time they don’t have to be a mid-level lineup only either. And well Cadillac is kind of all over the place I guess lol.

I just hate saying it bc I have talked so much shit about ford in the past, based on my ownership of a couple of Taurus’s. Making me look like a fool! The new focus is really well done though

I agree. I have always preferred imports, but currently have a Ford edge and am adding a fusion hybrid to the garage. I will most likely trade that in for a new fusion when they come out.

Posted from tapatalk

Edit: I tried to quote 91mr2 post, tapatalk failed me.

I’m not saying Buick should have awd for all cars but I do think if it was an option for the regal it would be a slam dunk. I think it would bring in a new range of customers instead of old people, Grand National is a prime example. Giving huge rebates to sell cars can only last so long before they end up in trouble again.

The huge rebate across the board thing is gone. So are the huge discounts to employees and “friends and family” or suppliers.

And AWD Buicks will still happen, it won’t be the standard though. The key demographic for Buick isn’t 20 something guys, it’s older people who could care less about huge hp and dorifto.