GM back on top...Wtf Beck

GM back on top as world’s biggest automaker after outselling Toyota, Volkswagen

Gm still makes complete pile of shit vehicles, so who cares?

Don’t hate, I still wear my 50’s chevy belt buckle every day.

Double post. Fuuuu.

What? this isn’t the 80s and early 90s

GM doesn’t make shit anymore :lol:

ughh broken nyspeed server

Eat shit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Soooo many Malibu’s on the road.

so they sold/gave away the most cars. meh.

Actually they are discounting them less than ever. GMS isn’t worth shit any more unless you’re buying a tahoe or something and the 5-10000 rebates off sticker are a thing of the past. Unfortunately.

i assume VW is stil the most profitable, largely on account of Porsche Group AG, which is more important that units moved.

Toyota will bounce back from the Earthquake and outsell GM’s fleet of shit with Toyota’s fleet of boring.

…and here’ how they did it vs. competitors:

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111206/RETAIL03/111209926/1277

http://www.globalautomakers.org/media/industry-news/2011/07/carmakers-rev-up-lobbying-spending

i like how you removed the part of my quote where i said i wear my chevy belt buckle every day. lol.

dont get me wrong, i like gm. i have a gm with excessive amounts of work into it (refer to one of my build threads), and there are alot of gm’s that i plan to add to my collection, however the fact is the newer stuff gm has been putting out is COMPLETE GARBAGE. ive owned ~7-8 mid 90’s and up gm’s, as well as worked on double that many, and also have friends and family that are mechanics. experience is where i get my opinion. my cousin works on them every day, loves gm, has a chevy tattoo and races a chevy, and he has said several times that gm is currently has the worst vehicles out there right now.

dead door electrical harness on a equinox with 15k, cracked frames behind the control arms on multiple '03ish silverados, the intake gaskets that are failing on the new cars STILL, the electronic assist power steering that when the bushing in the strut towers wears the tiniest bit the motor doesnt have enough power to overcome and the strut mount has to be replaced way before it is needed, the failing wipers on saturns, how about the faulty electrical that causes the brake lights to not work at all on cars like the g6, how about the front driveshaft that goes THROUGH the oilpan on trailblazers, they still havent corrected the poor design of the ifs system on their 4wds, the piece of shit govBOMB in the rear axles. thats only the start of a laundry list of problems with them due to JUNK and POOR DESIGN. do you really want me to go on?

the only thing they have come out with that ive been impressed with recently is the potential of the new line of lsx engines. otherwise, gm is junk. they are NOT what they used to be.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/28/56095738_15d318e014.jpg

THIS. Sorry if that pisses people off, but GM is only around because we ALL paid for their fuckups. Their cars should be cheaper for Americans since we subsidized their 2nd chance. LOL

We should all get free AIG insurance and lower mortgage payments from fannie and freddie too, but alas… :roflpicard:

I’m sure they’ll come out with some mortgage forgiveness program and probably wipe off some of the student loan burden as well. Not because they care about their customer base, which is the middle class, but because they can get a few last bucks from the middle class that way. Keep the game going longer than it otherwise would, ya know. :wink:

Biggest heist known to mankind…the last recessions mortgage bubble popping and the bailouts/stimulus that followed.

Yeah, leasing a Malibu for $84/month isn’t “discounting”… it’s called “giving them away”.

Is the tsunami partly to blame absolutely. However, being that I have mutual interest in every manufacturer doing well… I don’t particularly care too much.

Watch for Ford to come on strong in 2012, they are putting out the best domestic product currently. Some of their stuff is just bonkers compared to the quality 10 years ago.

as much as i dont want to admit it im really impressed with what ford has been coming out with lately.

so they made a lot of shit you can get for cheap. is big lots > macys because they sold more garbage?

that being said, i had a chance to drive a new focus. i hate saying this, but i was SUPER impressed

Ford has definitively come back strong. GM has great ideas but somehow turns the finished product into shit. The new regal should have stayed AWD when they brought it over but instead they fuck it up and make it fwd.