GM bcm problems

About three months ago I decided to put an aftermarket stereo in my truck, Could not get it to work to save my life 99.99% sure i wired every thing properly, have done many aftermarket stereo’s and actually have a degree in electronics. After the headunit went in the car there was no responce from the bcm. I tried almost everything, the only solution was to put the factory deck back in and let the truck sit for 24 hours and then everything went back to normal. After having this happen 3 times to me i decided its time to bring it to a pro. Well needless to say he could not get it to work either.
All in all we had to put a new BCM in it and have it reprogrammed. Everything was great until I went to put a new battery in the truck exactly a month ago today. After replacing the battery i was back to where i started no bcm communication. Brought the truck back to the shop and it has been there for the last month. Today I was finally notified he is in over his head, everytime it losses power the programming also gets lost.
Anyone have any idea on who i sould bring it too? Trying to stay away from big dealerships but that seems to be my only option at this point? Any advice is greatly appreciated…
Thanks,
Jimmy

EDIT: forgot to mention it is a 2007 gmc sierra

Unf that’s a dealer needed thing kid

Bummer, almost texted you today to see if capolla could do it. I know you said he has tech 2. Either way it will be a headache for some one and will prolly cost me 1500 bucks. Wish I had known this guy couldnt do it prior to it sitting at his shop for 3 weeks :dunno

classic body style or new body style. Funny as it may sound both are very different. Honestly your best bet is to put the factory unit back in and live with it. GM bcms are touchy and don’t take well to aftermarket crap being installed into the trucks. I work at a GM dealer and the first thing they are going to tell you is the aftermarket radio has to go.