Chevy Cobalt Deck into a s14

All i know so far is that black white is ground and red white is power and ignition. The thing is, even with these hooked up, the deck turns on for 15 seconds when you click the info button, or eject button. It will accept a cd and then turn off. Anyone have any idea what to do?

all GM-Delco radios have an anti theft deterrant system and I’m prety sure its controlled by the cars BCM in the newer model GM’s, hence why the radios stay on in GM’s untill the door is opened, etc. I know the older ones had a “theftlock” code, but these new ones are controlled entirely by the BCM and have to be programmed using a special programming tool that some dealerships, or MASS has. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don’t think its gunna work. I cannot verify that 100% because we don’t fix the audio systems at work anymore (gm dealer) we get MASS to come in and deal with it.

Besides, why the fuck would you want it anyways? a good aftermarket MP3 deck can be had for around $100 with auxilary inputs.

15 dollars from standard auto wreckers… i’ll juss exchange it. Thanks alot

for 40 dollars you want a panasonic supertuner 3? Harness and din brackets can all be included

The stock factory Cobalt head unit sucks ass anyway. I wouldn’t try to jimmy one up in my car for free.

I’m with everyone else. Get a decent used deck for $30-50, or get a crappy new one for $30-50… It’ll be easier, fit better, look better, sound better, and won’t look ghetto.

you can get the bcm out of the car its under the dash aboput 8inchs above the center console(cd player/radio) its a little grey or black box but def. not worth the labor involved