GM compact info needed.

well i have an interview on st. pattys day for the heavy equipmet operators union local 66. made it thru the first round of testing :blue: what im looking for right now is a cummins 2500 just to have as fun. but if i get into the union as an apprentice i will be in that for about 4 years with ALOT of traveling. and i need something very reliable. cant miss those days of work and get shit canned. now my question

i really like the Saturn Astra and was wondering are they planning to put the ecotec turbo motor from the SS in it any time soon. that would be a fun reliable “fuel efficient” car to have. and i would put off having the dodge until later in life. :confused: ive searched the forums but nobody has really said anthing that grabbed my attention

Well the Astra is from the European Opel Astra which came with a 2.0 turbo ecotec in it. I don’t know if there are any plans to bring the same motor to the Saturn version. I’d say within the next few years they may come out with a version similar to the Opel, or else there will be people swapping the turbo eco motor in. I think it comes factory with a 1.8L VVT version right now.

http://www.europe.opel.com/brand_sites/astra_gtc/main_broad.html

nothing to add about the car but good luck on trying to get into the union. you deserve it with all the time you spend working at your current job

thanks buddy. yeah 70-80 hr/wk get old makin no money. id be happy to make more.

and thanks 4 doors 5 gears yeah they have the smaller ecotec in it now. they have mentioned a smaller 1.3 turbo to keep up with the CAFE thing comin in a few years also. :frowning: