gm ditching the gto ?

:wave: cya!

The probblem with the GTO was its base price was a lot higher then Fbodys…the styling is meh…

You could get a V8 Fbody for low 20s…

Doesn’t bother me that it will be gone. I agree the styling outside is terrible, but the interior is really pretty nice. The 32K sticker is high for sure. Not a car for everybody but it sure is a blast to drive. When my lease is up, maybe the Camaro will be the next choice. We’ll see.

i actually really like the way the new GTO’s look, HOWEVER…i dont think they should be named the GTO, rather something new, as they look absolutely nothing like the original ones from back in the day. i thought it was a sweet car, but allong with the general consensus i also think its overpriced and could use a little better styling and interior. o well, it will be back, and probably look more like the old one next time around, and cost less

Well I’m glad thier getting rid of the GTO, the SSR on the other hand I though was pretty sweet. Hard Top convertable truck with retro styling.

It was made to be a cruiser not a drag car. Also the target consumer was the wealthy older generation baby boomers.

It kinda sucks to see it go, but kind of good at the same time. Hopefully they’ll make good use of the drivetrain and put it in something else as long as they address the styling. I liked the gto for the powertrain and interior, but the outside was just lacking imo.

i have heard the plan to re-do it on the Zeta platform, same platform as the new Camaro etc. so it should be longer and more sleek instead of that piggish one we had

About time. It was a novel idea, but never really did anything for me.

they kill off the rwd V8 grand prix and replace it with a fwd V8 grand prix. Am i the only one finding that stupid?

i see those things everywhere…never woulda imagined that sales were going down that much on it…

and IMO, it was def. not worth the money…

to an automotive enthusiast, it sucks.

then again RWD in the winter loses sales for a lot of the northern states

well the problem is Holden is cutting production of the Monaro (sp?) so that means the gto gets killed with it, regardless of how good or bad it is selling here in the US

yea that car isnt worth the money, but i really liked the body styling. it was very subtle but with a strong motor. i never saw the interior of one, but knowing pontiac it was a lot of plastic and very lame

No more GTOs to mess around with :tdown:

Its about time. That thing was a sin.

Everyone that was saying that it wasnt worth the money, what else can you get with 400HP stock for 30k brand new ???

isnt a v8 a little too much power for fwd?? can we say torque steer

http://images.forbes.com/images/2001/12/17/chevy_ssr._423_277.jpg
http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/images/6165285641773728.JPG?0.19653946732762773
idk guys I think this thing is pretty hot. But then again I have a dick for a head so what do I know.

this is true, ill give you that. im really curious to see an interior, because i hate how vettes have such a bland looking interior and in my opinion, and interior makes or breaks the worth of a car. i mean, that IS where u spend all ur time in the car.

you would be very wrong. Its a Holden with a different front bumper, so the interior is pimp.