GM fails to reproduce a good concept car V. Volt.

http://www.dailytech.com/Production+Chevrolet+Volt+Design+Unveiled/article12896.htm

They take a nice looking concept, and Cobalt it. Fuck.

So… you say they fail?

Why do you feel they fail?

When you have an opinion of something its nice to back it up with a reasoning why

observe… OMG YOU FAIL!! Not very impactful

Now If I say "OMG YOU FAIL!! Becuase you have herpes from a craigslist casual encounter… that works a little better

Crap box.

Otherwise a solid looking car by todays standards, it just doesn’t look special at all now.

I didn’t like the concept, but the production is not too bad… picture it in black all murdered out.

because of the difference in styling from the CONCEPT car to the PRODUCTION car?

It looks like the retarded kid of a Prius and a Malibu

damnit.

I like it better than the stupid concept

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/9180_chevrolet_100166719_m.jpg

Well if you look at the above picture closely, seconds earlier it came out of his ass. Hence crap.

I liked the concept. I saw 3x in the past year and thought it was a great design. Too bad now how it ended up. Maybe GM should acknowledge that people DO like their concepts the way that they are.

It looks fine. Like the concept was ever realistic. I like to be able to see out my windows.

At $40,000 for that thing… Makes me wonder “how many additional miles would you have to drive to recoup the costs?”

Lets find out, shall we. Rough estimates, of course…

360 miles on 7.2 gallons = 50 MPG

If I bought a cobalt for $25,000 (Way overpriced) I’d have to recoup $15,000 just to break even.

15 gallons = 360 miles in a cobalt (over-estimate probably)

That means that every 360 miles, I need to spend $31.2 on the extra gas (Gas at $4.00/gal)

$15,000 / $31.2 = 480 tanks of gas.

480 tanks * 360 miles = 172,800 miles.

So, as long as you keep the car for 172,800 miles, you will regain that additional $15,000 cost.

If a cobalt cost $20,000, I’d have to recoup $20,000 difference!

$20,000 / $31.2 = 641 tanks of gas. That would equal 230,760 miles, just to recoup the difference!

This version is like this because it needed to be as aerodynamic as possible in order to conserve energry and to get the most out of the regenerative brakes as possible… why do you think it looks like the prius and the new honda hybrid

repost.

Another post about the Volt somewhere? Oh well, I wasnt the original poster.

at least 4x now. That concept, the math, the whole package including sales tax.

Ignorance is bliss isn’t it? Until it’s posted for all to see. It’s not about the cost, which will come down as more models are introduced, it’s about reducing the need for oil, and reducing greenhouse emissions. These are very important issues to people less ignorant than the norm.

Oh, and your math is way off. I could drive the Volt every day and not use a drop of gas. Ever.

didn’t like the original, don’t like this one… still a good idea

Gm should sell the name Volt to an energy drink company quick , before they lose even more money on another failing car.

which means that if you average ~ 3k a year in gas, it would only take 5 years to recoup that 15k…

i wonder what the relationship is though to polution produced making the electricity used to charge the batteries/ produce them VS running a small diesel engine that returns ~ 50mpg…

The volt wouldve gotten me to my old job (15miles one way) and to my lunch and back home without using any fuel.

Plug it in to recharge and no gas used for all my work driving.