GM Hangs On to Top Sales Spot Over Toyota

I don’t see why people care so much about recalls.

We treat our cars like shit…we drive them through shit ass conditions…from 110 degree weather to -30 degree weather (in some states) Through deep snow,sand and salt. We sit in stop and go traffic and 90% don’t warm up their cars properly.

I’d rather have a company put out new and innovative products…with a slight risk of failure and if it does fail…fix it on the house.

It’s not like a recall really affects the average person. You drop teh car off at the dealer, they give you a rental, all expenses covered. You are in and out within the hour.

So people, if you complain about recalls, get a life.

^ Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Right because recalls are usually made after someone dies or has a serious accident due to the failure.
But your right as long as it’s not you who cares.

Companies should build crap cars and only fix them when they are forced to.

I didn’t say companies should build shitty cars. I feel that companies take so long to introduce new technology because if it does mess up people will bitch and complain and destroy the company’s name.

Recalls can be for something as simple as a dome light not working.
Mandatory recalls are a different story though.

I’m just hating because I drive a Nissan built in Tennessee so I don’t know who to hate. :confused:

LOL more like the 70’s not the 90’s. This kind of thing doesn’t happen overnight. It’s fueled by very different business philosophies. That’s not something that’s likely to change soon with any of the domestic companies on a large scale. The other reason I see Toyota continuing to grow here especially is that they have taylored their whole product line to the US market. Which explains why it is a tremendously boring line of BIG vehicles. I think to really put the nail in the coffin they’ll need to come back with a halo car like GM and Dodge have the Vette and Viper.

The second to final nail will come this season as Toyota will win in NASCAR’s highest series, with the only car of the series being made in the U.S.

I love how the GM fanboys just change the subject when I callout the BS numbers. “lets all talk about recalls now”

This I find especially amusing and I still don’t care for NASCAR even if Toyota wins.

Well not many other articles talk about the variance

Here is a great GM banishing article I agree with
http://seekingalpha.com/article/61402-wake-up-gm-toyota-overtook-you-years-ago?source=yahoo

Cliff notes:
Perception is Toyota makes a better car
Toyota is growing faster
Toyota makes more money

On the positive side:
GM has addressed many quality concerns and new product offerings are promising
GM sold more than 1 million vehicles in China, almost 500,000 in Brazil and doubled sales in Russia
Hopefully some cost cutting and buyouts will help level the playing field

I don’t pay any attention to NASCAR, cliffs?

Man I used to love those balljoint recalls. It would pay me 2.6 hours with an alignment and only take me half an hour. Yay for recalls.

Basically four car companies compete in NASCAR. Three of them are American, one is foriegn. These cars are based very closely off of the production models. The specific models and place of production are:

The Chevy Monte Carlo / Impala is made in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
The Dodge Charger is made in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.
The Ford Fusion is made in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.
The Toyota Camry is made in Georetown, Kentucky, USA.

Thats hilarious. I won’t even start in on that in this thread.

Thanks

GM broke it’s own record!

It lost $38 billion last year.
(I didn’t see any other posts about this record loss.)

You may not have seen it, but its out there / here. :slight_smile:

You gotta remeber that the loss includes a ~$36B writedown which everyone knew was out there.

edit - http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45321&highlight=gm+operating+loss

Oh, OK, my bad I guess.

you need snopes AND a big search button

:search:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Since I am an interent tard…

Why can’t I use thread links?
It always asks for my password again.