GM RWD Cars Cancelled

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2005-03-21-gm-cuts_x.htm

:down:

does that include the new camaro??!!! :rant: :mad:

shit.

i thought you meant the Sky and the Solstice.

i was worried for a moment.

when will they learn, SUVs are not the answer! By the time they launch them, gas prices will be so high they will just sit on the lot and GM will be beat, iiiidiots! whats wrong with you!?

The answer is all turbo 6 and 4 cyl cars to satisfy fuel economy and performance. When BMW comes out with their turbo 3 series they will own the market. Somebody should pay me for being right all the time.

The article says that it will delay the new Camaro and GTO by only a year. (just trying to find the silver lining).

ah, i missed that. my speed reading skills = teh lose

I know I read an article about turbo Bimmers, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Their design philosophy has always been that forced induction is a band aid fix for poor engineering.

But he pulled the plug on the North America models after determining the vehicles could not be engineered and assembled to sell at prices competitive with the popular Chrysler 300C, Ford Mustang and other models, without sacrificing quality and content.

well at least they don’t want to put out an inferior product like the oval :smiley:

(I’m not talking about the 4 bangers :finger: )

Chevy fucked up.

Just as the Cavalier was getting a modicum of respect, they replaced it with a superior car…that costs $5k+ more to purchase!

I would have bought a $10k SVP Cavalier over a Civic DX or LX. It was a good little car with a great motor.

The Cobalt is a better car, but you can’t get in one for less than $15k. For $15k, I’d be looking at Corolla S, Elantra GT, higher model Civics, et cetera.

And that Aveo is a god damn shame.

x2

but they had to. The ford f-series is fucking crushing the chebbies as far as sales and a shitload of people still buy trucks. GM needs to do something to keep up with the volume of the f-series (which it won’s ever do). They will delay the cars that the people want, the people will go buy something else, and GM will be SOL when they finally spend millions to get a new platform to market 2 years late. They should have hired someone who knew about the business instead of bob putz, they got what they deserved.

I dunno quality vs quality. 05 GTO vs 05 Stang… Ford stepped up their game big time

aint they having lots of trouble with the 05gt?

Gm trucks are a better truck IMHO then a ford truck. new fords dont look like a damm truck and to boxed off. no character at all

not me. i LOVE the new superduties

mustang? nope, first initial batch, had a head issue, but all smooth sailing here.

Ford GT had a fuel pump issue

i thought the Ford GT had problems with the heads also??

dont think.thats why frankie bought a march instead of a gt!

machs are still prone to the 4v head tick issue

less problems than the o5stang

i honestly havent kept up with the 05 stang gt, ive been keeping my eyes on the cobra.

the mach was a great car though