GM Supercharged 3.8 Question

Quit being a bitch and buy it, i still want to get one again adn just plain up mod it for a 12-11 sec grocery getter. If you have any questions at all about the 3.8’s do not hesitate to PM me. Good luck with whatever you purchase man, with the 3.8’s and a couple hundred dollars you will NOT be dissapointed!

and 3.5" pulleys are for bitches. go 3.4 or smaller

We’ll see I guess, but I’ll probably stick with a 3.5"… I gotta sort this lifter tapping issue out before doing anything.

x2…colder plugs + FWI + DP + 180 tstat is all you need and it will run totally different.

praising the gtp??? wow, unexpected… :hsugh:

Haha…I like my car. For what it is it is pretty sweet. They are roomy comfortable cars that are decenlty quick. I think for the $ they are an awesome DD. Now overall performance wise I don’t think they are anything special…but if you want a car that is somewhat quick in a straightline, cheap, and comfortable then they are a good buy.

so is a neon

:ballride:

and there’s sleeper outta fuckin no where :slight_smile:

the difference between a 3.5 and 3.4 is negligible. maybe 4-5 horsepower and not worth the extra hastle at this stage in the game

zzp makes awesome shit man. i will always back them because they stand behind their products. damn near all of the parts on my car either came from or originated at zzp

oh yeah. i have some lifters here if you need one or 2 to try out. the lower intake has to come off tho and you should probably do those gaskets at the same time. all easy as pie

i hear ya thats what the other 3kor so is for!! belive me i did my research! most$$ part of this build will be tranny with a 1inch chain…but i am going to play with it over time i am in no hurry

wow a 1" chain is serious business man. you’re looking at about $800

I’m just going with a 7/8" 3.29, that will be plenty for a mild setup like mine

Think I got the lifter ticking/tapping fixed. The oil the car came with was pretty heavy weight stuff (guessing it was dino 10w40 or heavier). I poured half a can of SeaFoam into the filler tube, ran the car for ten minutes, then drained the oil and replaced it with five quarts of synthetic 5w30. Fingers crossed…but no more noise so far.

Thanks again for everyone’s feedback. Few more questions:

What grade transmission fluid should I put in this car?
Does leaving it in “Performance Shift” mode all the time fuck anything up?

dex III or equivalent. i have my performance shift hardwired on all the time.

I just recently did a pan drop/filter change + added a shift kit. i filled up with 8 qts of dex VI because many guys are doing the same. what i didn’t know at the time is that dexron VI is a full synthetic tranny fluid… and much more slippery than the old stuff. while that’s fine for the bearings it’s not so great for old worn out clutches. i was wondering why my car didn’t respond much to a shift kit and higher pressures, now i know.

Awesome, glad to hear Dex III is what I need (it’s cheaper).

01 GPGT is right on the money with his recommendations.

Dex VI is very good. IIRC, you can get it at walmart in a blue bottle for under $3.50.