Supercharged 3.8 Mod Questions

After reading forums and articles on ZZPerformance’s website for the past week, here are the parts I ordered from ZZP from my now 40K mile 2000 Regal GSE. They should be arriving today/tommorow:

3.5" pulley
ZZP 1.0 PCM
K&N drop in filter with gutted airbox (this one is done)
180* thermostat

As preventative maintenance, I’ve also done the following:

Mobile 1 full synthetic oil
Replaced the fuel filter with a ZZP “high flow” replacement fuel filter
Replaced the transmission filter
Added 8 quarts of Dexron VI straight from the GM dealership

What do you guys think? Any reviews/feedback?

Think I can drive this thing into 13s in cool weather? I’ve got a good bit of track experience, so I’m pretty optimistic.

I would have went with a 3.4 pulley, FWI and DP. As for 13’s I would think you would need a 3.4 pulley as well.

change the supercharger oil too. if i recall they seem to run low. i know a lot of GTP owners were doing that.

I’m probably going to do a downpipe in the next week, after getting lots of feedback suggesting it.

Good idea on the supercharger oil too.

If you get a DP/fwi/pcm then there is no reason not to go with the 3.4 pulley.

I would have also went with a 3.4 pulley also if you picked up a PCM and a downpippe coming.

i think you may see low 14’s

Cool…if I need to run a 3.4 to get 13s, I’ll swap it out. I’ll probably keep the 3.5 on it for daily driving though.

Very good start.

Do everything you can to keep that tranny cool. May want to consider a better tranny cooler than that small pipe that snakes around in front of the radiator. I put one on and it helped alot.

Replace U-bend in exhaust with U-bend delete pipe,…unless you are saving for a full exhaust.

I run a single exhaust. Save a lot of weight versus dual.

Cool, thanks for the feedback!

on a lot of those cars i just eliminate the u bend and resonator. they sound good and lot cheaper than full exhaust.

cool looking good did u get plugs

Nope, the plugs in the car look like new, so I wasn’t going to mess with them.

If I find I’m getting any KR I’ll drop colder plugs in.

Thanks for all the responses.

i run AL 104s gapped .052

good start btw, i would stick with the 3.5 for a while, i will always maintain the difference is negligible (between a 3.4) and you’ll run better because you’ll knock less

Cool, that’s pretty much what I was thinkin’ too.

Hope this shit arrives today. :smiley:

oh yeah…and if i remember correctly the sc takes about 6-7 oz of oil. the dealer sells them in 4 oz bottles

theres a plug on the snout and you can use a turkey baster or a pump sprayer to get the old stuff out. be warned however…the stench is vile

Should be installing my parts today and going to the track on Wednesday. Wish me luck.

Not going to the track on Wednesday, but I did get my parts installed (3.5" pulley, ZZP stage 1 PCM, 180* thermostat). What a difference…car pulls much nicer now.

I bet…when I did mine the difference was pretty big. Makes it a lot more fun to drive now.

how’d you get the pulley on?