GM teases ZR1 @ Laguna Seca

[quote=“66impalass,post:18,topic:37365"”]

uhm, wider track, other various exterior cues

think of this GTS vs ACR

[/quote]

that paint job is hideous

one of the auto news blogs was running a contest for anyone who got pictures of this car.

they wanted 8 and would pay $1,000 bucks.

printed materials which I cannot disclose indicate 755 hp

Approx price tag? 100k? a z06 is around 70 isnt it?

100 g’s is what I hear. As far as I know it will be only the second reg production GM car to cost that much (after the current XLR-V which has a base price of $100k).

[quote=“BrockwayMT,post:23,topic:37365"”]

printed materials which I cannot disclose indicate 755 hp

[/quote]

I also heard from a very reliable source that durring Hot tests on the dyno the engine produced #'s > 700.

paging oroc…

[quote=“ImportMuscle,post:16,topic:37365"”]

theyre worth their weight in gold now a days

[/quote]

meh, crate engines yeah… however, even mint-condition ZR-1s are kinda dropping in value.

LS1 completely tossed its appeal out the window. I’m surprised Lingenfelter still has a ZR-1 package. Hell, even GM execs liked the LT4 better than the LT5.

[quote=“BrockwayMT,post:25,topic:37365"”]

100 g’s is what I hear. As far as I know it will be only the second reg production GM car to cost that much (after the current XLR-V which has a base price of $100k).

[/quote]

from what i heard it should finish under 110,000 loaded up, although there will be almost no options. maybe different seats, wheels, paddle shifter or stick. do you want a racecar or do you want a racecar?

Just my opinion but does anyone else notice a resemblence to the Ford mentality of the mid 60’s GT40(Bill Ford told the engineers “I don’t care how much it costs just win the god damn race”)??? I think Chevy wants a supercar killer for 1/2 the money and do it with a front engine car with a 50/50 weight distrubution.