GM to sell Saturn to Penske

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/05/news/companies/saturn_penske/?postversion=2009060511

Seems like good news for now

What thread did you put it in? I figured it would get it’s own thread.

I know im just being a dick lol.

I dint make a thread about it because I figured there can only be so much to be said about this. Maybe 3 plastic body panel jokes, a general GM joke, maybe a NASCAR/Saturn joke lol.

/thread.

Well Hummer got it’s own thread so why not Saturn.
Plus there are 3 or 4 GM BK / store closing threads as well

This looks like a win/win. GM gets to keep producing the cars under contract but get the division off its balance sheet, the dealers get to stay open, and the quality cars stay for sale.

All of the old lady, retired school teachers will be happy they can still buy Saturns.

Deserves its own thread, assuming you’re discussing Saturn and/or Penske.

Thats good news

Werd

I had heard rumors that Mitsu was going to buy them. It’s tough that they can only sell the bits that were actually profitable. All Government Motors will be left with is a car company that makes products nobody wants to buy.

I guess I can’t really say that. I bet there is a big government contract on the table for a shit house of Malibus that will be used as fed vehicles.

I thought Penske wasn’t interested in the cars, just buying the dealer chain for other reasons?

GM has said it would stop producing Saturn vehicles by 2011. To replace GM as the brand’s manufacturer, Penske is in discussions with several global automakers. One likely replacement is Renault Samsung Motors of Korea, Automotive News reported.