GM Truck-pull Fail

Have you seen my dually? And the ford is a byturbo not twin. The only reason the new powerstrokes aren’t as bad is because they use the same injectors as the duramax now. Not the same fail of a setup as the 6.0’s

like i said im not going to get into a mile long debate, i LOVE hatfields truck, but there definitley is a chevy/gmc truck that is nicer, and i can show it to you if you rly want. hatfields truck also still isnt top of the line ford, theres one model better. still you say award winning quality, says who, ford? theres like 7 motortrend trucks of the year and 25 best truck in class awards from numerous places every year, those awards mean jackshit. 16000lbs towing big fucking deal, so can a cummins and so can a d-max. nor did i ever say anything about them sucking. either way it makes no diference because im stuck with my gas job for a couple more years, then ill get a d-max and show hatfield whats up lol…

straight from chevrolet AND ford, dodge info comes from chevrolet website (may not be accurate), comparison done by J.L. Polk and Company:
2009 Chevy 3500 Duramax Specs-
15900lbs towing
685ft/lbs of torque

2010 Dodge 3500 Cummins 6.7l
350hp@3000rpm
650ft/lbs@1500rpm
towing capactiy is a mere 12000 lbs (this may change with a DRW truck i dont know)

2010 chevy 3500 6.0vortec gas motor
9700lbs of towing… 2009 ford 5.4 F350: 6000lbs HAHA what is that a lawn mower, my half ton is rated higher
payload comparison is very close at just over 5300lbs, they are serparated by 50lbs, in chevy and ford one tons. the dodges new designed coil suspension is severely lacking with only a 4300lb payload.

according to this comparison Ford and Chevy are both running an independent front suspension, mopar stays true to its roots and is running a live front axle.

chevys warranty is now better than ford 60 months 100000 miles compared to fords 60 month 60000 and dodges pathetic 36000 mile warranty

as previously stated, i personally truly dont give a fuck. There is a pro and con at every turn and the truck in which they favor changes each time you look at one. I do like the 09+ Fords i think they look tough and classy, Hatfields truck rides great and its definitley got some great amenities and some power. But i wouldnt buy one. One thing from reading the Polk Company comparison that definitley is true, Chevy has more standard features and more available features as well. Such as: auto headlights, heated seats, backup camera, remote start, heavy duty alternator or dual alternators, power seats, daytime running lights, onstar and the list goes on. These things (with the exception of a few) are all 100% standard on a chevy/gmc where as almost all are either not even available or an addon for a ford.

Point im trying to make, buy an american made truck. AND stop listening to the fucking television, “best seller” is fords favorite one, thats because they’re the most commonly used fleet vehicle, and that is for no other reason than they are cheaper than their competition. Good for ford, they are fiscally better than GM or Mopar. Other than that, the rest of their claims mean jackshit.

my .02, not trying to fight with anyone or have the results debated for six hours, just bored at work and defending the bow tie lol

If Fords are only the best sellers because of price why dont GM and Dodge just knock a few grand off the price and sell more trucks? Seems like it would make more sense than just sitting back and letting Ford win (sell more).

The 5.4 in a Super Duty is a joke. Ive driven a few F250’s and they were gutless turds that couldnt get out of their own way. I really dont understand why they put a relatively small (330ci) motor in such a big heavy truck. Its just adequate in my 1/2 ton.

I didnt care much for the V10 in an F150 I drove either. Maybe it was due to the 8’ plow on the front and/or having 160k but I really wasnt impressed with that truck.

I like the looks of the Ford Super Duty’s but thats it. If I needed a heavier duty truck than my F150 Id have to go with a Dodge with a Cummins.

its a brand new truck of course its gonna be nice! line it up side by side with another trucker same trim level and you wont see many differences in amenities, power, etc. as for the torque my truck made almost 700ft-lbs stock 4 yrs ago. award winning quality? wat a sales gimmick! lol. its all preference when it comes to trucks. stock for stock ill take my motor/drivetrain over any! cant beat it for towing.

i should have just let you talk, my long winded ass paragraphs are wasted because this quote says it all

yeah i started to read yours and kinda skipped ot the end and decided to throw my opinion in there

haha well it works

Pauly, shut up :lol.

Ford>Chevy as per the selling #'s, and how many are still on the road:tongue

My old mans 82 pickup still on the stock motor/trans/diffs etc. The frame was starting to go though after 25 Ny winters :lol

lmao, selling numbers because everyone uses ford for their fleet vehicles!!!

and yeah you had the motor freshened up and work done at hunts mother f****r lol dont play that shit!!

im jk like i said brother id drive any american truck their all junk and awesome in their own ways

Nah that motor was the original motor out of the 56!!!

im sure there are plenty of doge/gm trucks you can find that have lasted just as long! shouldnt be a hard feet as long as the vehicle was maintained and not abused. hell there is a guy on the other forum im a member of that has a dmax that just rolled over 730k still on original motor and trans only thing replaced to date was the injectors and that was 72k miles ago. tows 12k consistantly for his line of work no less!

Oh yeah for sure! Shit Randys Cummins is well north of 600K and still goin. They are all decent trucks, and have their weak points, nothing is perfect!

this is good thread for anyone looking for a truck… and i just had a grape soda… mmmmmmmm

that the same truck that snapped at scaticoke(sp?) :lol

Fluffy, you should box the frame rails on the S-10 and drop a D-MAX in it!

http://assets.bankspower.com/blog_images/111/BanksS10_galeblog.jpg

This one is a full tube chassis with a fiberglass shell tho

late 07 diesels no matter what make are doomed from the start for 2 reasons.

-All companys think the boxy interior looks good…which goes for other vehicles besides the diesels as well

-DPF…your all fucked

My v10 did wheelies. wheelies!

nah that was a gasser… still 1st prep step before pulling should be tie rod sleeves/HD tie rods. then crank front end down!