GMC/Chevy lift Q's

Looking to lift my 01’ GMC Jimmy 4x4 to fit 31" or 33" tires. I have been looking around a bit and noticed that all they offer is a 2" body lift for the 98-03 jimmy’s. Anyone know why they don’t offer the 3"?

Also has anyone used aftermarket torsion keys? Just wondering if they actually give you the desired lift that they say they do. I know they will prob ride harder.

Just trying to lift this thing on a budget and not spend $1500 on a full 6" lift.

dude if ur just going 31’s do a body lift or even lift blocks, it be alot cheaper…

It’s a axel over leaf. If I do a Axel over swap, it’s more like a 5" lift in the rear but doesn’t help with the front.

I want more then a 2" body. The truck only has 235/75R/15’s on it now, but it sits low. If I do just the 2" body, 31’s will rub the fender when turned.

I want about 4-5" total.

ah that is true… i did it on my old 1st gen blazer and 31’s fit fine with just the body lift and some shaving, but thats a completely different animal… i can loook around and see how people are doing it on other s-series forums if u want, did u post this on s-seriesforum… i know ur a member on there

Yea I am a member there but never go on.

On my old Amigo I had a 2.5" custom suspension lift (shackles-cranked torsions- flipped BJ) and a 3" body. It cleared 33’s easily.

Looking for this stance.
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2384/4401/5959700001_large.jpg

well in my travels today ill keep my eye open for any input

Thank you sir.

n/p… just tell frank to answer my damn PM! LOL

I think you can crank the torsion bars for a 2" lift in the front and use add a leafs in the rear.

on the full size gm trucks the keys do allow you to lift the front end more but it will only go as far as the UCA will allow w/o swapping out. once swapped out you can get 3"+ out of the suspension and still have 2" down travel

There’s not much more adjustment left in the torsion bars.

ill take a gander on the forums im on and see how everyone is doing theres and post links

o one more thing… is it SFA or IFS?

the keys will allow for more room by turning the tbar more without moving the bolt. it just depends if the UCA will allow this.

Eric, looks like about 75% of the guys that have lifted s-series rigs are just cranking the t-bar and AAL or shackles… guys are fitting 32x11.5 on them… then do a body lift and youll have PLENTY of room to put on the wheels you want

Yea I know usually you can get 3" out of the UCA. I planned to replace them though, do to the camber when crank the t bars.

Steve, I just checked on s10forum.com a little bit. The s-series is IFS.

yea im lookin at IFS thats where i got my info… looks like get a set of ZR2 torsion bars 2… more travel it seems

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f220/torsion-bar-keys-y-not-424679/ this may help a little

dont bother with s-series theres nothing on there

May just try to swap in a ZR2 suspension.