gm's truck gas gauges going to shit..

anyone ever has a gm truck… 94-up… s-10… or the 99 up silverado’s have there gas gauge go nuts?

like bounce around out of the blue… read the wrong amount of fuel… ex full tank and when empty 3/4 tank…

basically my 00 zr2 s done it 2 weeks ago… my 97 s-10 work truck’s done buddies 2002 s-10 zr2 does it… few misc trucks in and out of work always ask us to fix them…

so anyone have any ideas? im lost!! and i hate it so im going to try and fix it sooner or later… :down: it…

yes its a warrenty problem return it to GM they know about it…

It has to do with the fuel corroding the sensor. My 01 cav did it. so did my mom’s 00 cav when she had it. I think My dad’s GMC sierra did it too but I could be mistaken…

it needs a fuel level sensior they go bad all the time

yup both my buddies blazers do it all the time… Just wait till your turn signal solenoid, just comes on out of no where too…

what it comes down to is you need a fuel level sensior get about 4 people unbolt your bead take it off and put the sensor in way easer then dropin tank

if its still under wareenty just have a dealer do it, it took them about 45 min to do mine…

there like only 70 bucks!

ya their cheep better then buying a whole sending unit

theres updated software for that concern, but mostly it need a fuel level sensor.