Goddammit

Hubby sheared off a wheel stud today when we were puttin the Volks back on for the spring/summer/fall :doh: :doh: :doh: Stupid thing would not budge w/ the air gun and he decided to “get the bitch bar out”…This is why he should not help me work on the car… :hs: Keep your bitch bars on the construction site…BITCH :finger:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/350z%20pics%20for%20tech/wheels001.jpg

He’s always so paranoid when I am swapping wheels and wants to help/supervise/tell me what to do b/c he is afraid if I do it myself, a wheel will come flying off down the road… :blah:

:finger: to hubby, nice work…dammit…trip to nissan tomorrow for replacement stud :ugh:

Bummer! I worked in a tire shop for 3 years so I am paranoid about studs/torque/seating of lug nuts. Those studs look rather new so I would have to say it was definitely installer error :nono: :doh:

Yeah, exactly, installer error…installer = hubby since he wants to start all the lugs before letting me touch them…(thinking that I am the one who would cross thread) and then torques them down to the Nth power after I use the air ratchet…doesn’t trust it, thinks torquing it down w/ his body weight (210) is best… :ugh:

N-E one want to let me work on the Z at their shop “undercover” w.o his knowledge? :smiley:

easy fix tho

Yeah but more of a PITA than I wanted to deal w/ just getting the wheels on for the “nice seasons” ARGH!

tell him to buy you a good torque wrench, set it to 110 ft/lbs and let you torque them yourself from now on. he is right about never trusting an impact gun though.

anti-seize ftw! Thats a huge bitch.

undoo

two both rear ca;liper bracket remove break remove rotor

spin hub so broken stud clears in the back

remove stud install new

:ugh: not that much of a biggie

if not take to a professional may i suggest
one of our many sponsors :naughty: :naughty:

i know my factory rims require 140lbft of torque

I thought you weren’t supposed to use anti seize on lug nuts.

some ppl do,some dont:dunno: i dont!

Did you just say you tourqe them down with an air rachet???

Air tools to put them on :nono:

By hand then a tourqe bar FTW.

u never herd of tourqe sticks?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yes :rolleyes: :jerkit:

Still don’t use them. Every time some asshole at a shop “used a tourqe stick” they have busted lugs or cross threaded lugs on my fucking cars.

People are always in a hurry and thats why shit gets fucked up.

on-topic girls & new mod!:rolleyes:

torque sticks are a neccessity for impact guns, IMO. But they dont work right if you sit there and hammer on them after the nut is snug. Thats when they become useless. If you start the nut on by hand, snug it down with the impact gun/torque stick, then hand torque it with a torque wrench you will not have a problem. I am against anti-seize on lug nuts/studs. I remember a guy who came into the tire store quite often who always wanted us to re-torque his wheels. He would have them torqued and after a few hundred miles he would always get a vibration that would go away after we torque them. Finally, when he got new tires, I cleaned the anti-seize off the studs and out of the lug holes in the wheel. There was a shit load. He told me he put it there to keep the wheels from corroding, but it seemed to let the nut lose its torque. But my Dad uses the shit like it will save the world… and he also had a wheel come off once.

got a new stud for $1.82 at Nissan today! bonus :smiley: (guy looked at me like I was nuts when I whipped a lug nut out of my purse and checked to make sure it was the right size hahahahah) Lil elbow grease and she’ll be good as new :smiley: From what I can see and what I have read, should be no problem, thank god it’s the front and not the rear :ugh:

that sucks.

As for torque sticks, and torque wrenches… fuck em. That is if you have enough experience.

hell, they’re only torque suggestions!!

i wouldn’t worry about it, 4 out of 5 aint bad and older cars only use to have 4 to begin with.