Mother $uckers.....

Pulled my rear wheels off to put my drag rears on, and fucking Tire warehouse stripped out one of my wheel studs completely. The lug nut basically fell off in my hand, and will thread on about finger tight then slip off again…im kinda pissed

anyways, How the hell can I replace a wheel stud? they look like they are make with the axle? Am I safe with only 4 lug nuts? kinda scares the shit out of me.

you should be fine with 4.

to replace them you just hammer em out i think, then with an impact you pull em thru. thats what we did on cameo’s olds cutty.

he was rollin around with 3 lugs and was fine lol.

call john drew… go to advance and buy a lug stud and see if he will fix it for you… best option.

it still scares the shit out of me…I do 150+mph bombs weekly and its just scary lol

how hard am I going to need to hit this with a hammer? Do I need to get my dads BFH to do this and beat the shit out of it to knock it out???

just tried…he didnt answer.

yea i think a BFH will do the trick.

do you think advanced will have one in stock??

drew it should just pound out

Not suer how yours is set up but if their a dust shuield there should be a littl gap somewhere on it so you can pund them thru if not youll have to ermove it

Anyways just take a hammer pound the stud out…

Put the new one in and get it in as far as you can… get a nut and tight down as far as it will go, then put the lug nut on over that and tighten it till it pulls all the way thru…

If your lucky you may be able to put the wheel on and be able to thread it sum and then just pull it thru that way rather than using the double nut trick

a BFH or a stud/lug?

most likely they have em. its a gm wouldn’t see why not!!!

Stud/single lug…Im not buying a 4-5 pack of lug nuts for only one…

do they sell them single??

idk call em up DREW!!!

yes they carry single studs

there like maybe 2 dollars at most?

Anyways a single stud for my car was only $1.20

yes they sell lug nut/studs solo… call advance and ask… the advance in mechanicvilles # is 664-1459… they should have it in stock usually…they can also let you know what advance locally has them in stock if they dont

pepboys sells studs per piece.

I’ve had to buy studs before. Actually I’ve got to buy another pack of ARP studs

/thread

talked to ya already drew good luck ,although it aint hard to do

you should have brought it to kost dude, i would have taken care of you. i can tell you there wouldnt be anything stripped or cross threaded.

he would of brought it to me but i had the coba i had to deal with that day .next time drew you know where to go

this was a last minute thing today. I still havent fixed it.

Before this thread, I was thinking “How come Drew is the man?”
Now I remember why.

AAP sells studs for less than $2.50 a stud, and about the same for a lug nut. Whenever you have an aftermarket set of wheels, no matter the cost, never use an impact to get the lug nuts/bolts on. Torque wrench > *.