Need help...Broke off Wheel stud, now what??

Snapped off a wheel stud on my camaro’s rear end.

what the hell do i do now? i guess its not safe to drive on 4 out of 5 lug nuts on it

get new studs put in…i heard there not hard…might be a good time to upgrade the studs now also

could i just buy them and put them in? they press in?

or does a shop have to do it?

line it up with the clearance hole in the hub, pound it out, use a lug to press in the new one.

1. pound that bitch out
  2. insert new stud
  3. place a few washers around the stud
  4. use lug nut to pull the stud into the hub

cool thanks fellas i’ll try that soon

do what whitey said we do it all the time at work

i have long ones here if u need’em

easy to do
just like stated above

might need that… i’ll let you know tommorrow sometime. i got a smaller one that they said fits 98-02 fbody 10 bolts but its clearly shorter than what i originally had. i’ll see if it will work, if not i’m gonna have to come down there. I NEED to race this week

stop down,u can do it in front of the shop & i help u along

well i tried it this morning and it was pretty simple. my stud is long enough. shorter by alittle less than 1/2 inch but its ok… cuz the stock studs just have a unthreaded shaft as the extra 1/2 inch. it has plenty of thread to lock up the nut to so i’ll be fine

now i just need to get the old stud out of the stock lug nut. that will be a bitch and a half but oh well.

new lug nuts cost like $2

well my lug nuts have a black plastic cap that threads over them, and i’d like to keep that feature to match the rest of the car.

You can buy those too.

i looked at a local store and couldnt find my same lug nuts but no big deal. i just need one to work for now so i can race it this week.

i give u a lock set,gots many

aight maybe i’ll stop down this week if i dont get the old stud out the old lug nut. Thanks!