Going Green

thats why its known has the HTA86.

:lol

You’re missing one key factor:

1996 Eclipse GSX:

1996 Evolution 4:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q292/Sarkastik6969/Evo.jpg

Both 4G63’s of the same year. The physical difference isn’t anything crazy other than one is set up for RHD and the other for LHD. Timing & intake are on left instead of right. Doesnt mean they are completely different motors. Worst case they have a different head.

wrong. they rotated the Evo engine and drivetrain because they had problems with transmission/ t-case when it was on the passenger side.

Ya Wasnt there massive Tq steer so they switched the sides.

I guess my opinion on the 4g63 being the same from a 1g DSM to an Evo 8. Same displacement, both cast iron. I’m not positive at all but because there both 2.0 and coin the same name I will just guess the stroke and bore are the same. They each have different candy But its the same pinata. There are really no facts to this opinion.

FirePower Chartreuse is my favorite turbo.

yeah they are still 86x86 but thats where the similarites really end with them.

:rofl

wow…wtf are you guys bitching about?? DSM’s were made in a certain car manufacturing plant! evos ARE NOT DSM’s! the old 4g is not the same as the new one. 4b11’s arent 4g63’s annnnnd ern your car is NOT a dsm… ECLIPSE, TALON, and LASERS are DSM’s (4g63, equiped of course) they were made at the DSM plant. FWD or AWD…still a dsm. and the GVR4s technically arent dsms either bc they were made in japan land. BUT IMO the GVR4 was the original evo, bc it was made to test the drivetrain that later made its way into the EVO1. they were brought over here for two years to test the market, but americans wanted a sports car rather than a saloon. so that why we have our DSMs. got it?!

I loved my saloon, and intend fully to own another.

Should have been watching this thread more carefully. :rofl

Stop posting you are making your self look dumb

This reminds me…wasn’t there another version of the 3000gt called the FDM or something like that? It looked way sicker and was super rare. I’m not even sure it was sold on these shores but I know they exist here now.

the 3000gt is a gto in japan, and there is a car called the FTO that came with an NA fwd v6, it was a coupe too. since we have mitsu eclipse here in the states they have the FTO there. there arent eclipses in jap land

FTO. Thats it. Lol

Updates/plans?

Welp. Car was fun at then end of the year cruise. Gonna do cams hook up boost silonoid and dump some ethanol in her with the help of a wizard. See if i can blow it up in 2012 lol.