gold plating locally?

I am looking a shop locally that does gold plating. any suggestions? i have a set of BBS RS bolts that i need gold plated, along with a few engine pieces. i havent been able to come up with anyone locally who does this.

Ask rent n roll yo

I think Black Forest Industries makes Gold RS bolts, $1.50 each.

Pertcsh and Partner makes them, too but I think they’re also in that range, if not more expensive.

Not sure if anyone around here plates, though.

The thing that sucks about buying them already gold though… $1.50-$2.00 (or even more) each, and you need 120-140 of them ( I think 136 for RS?)… it adds up.

Im not sure but most dealerships or large body shops have a small plating station to do emblems and trim. Just a thought.

Damn. I thougth he just wanted the bolts to hold the wheel on the car. That’s ridiculous!

yeah. 15" BBS RS’s have 30 bolts per wheel x 4 wheels = 120 bolts.

zack, the 16" RS’s use 136 bolts/

ive priced them out from BFI, tuner shop, racingteam hoffman, and a few others. to get gold plated replacement bolts, the cheapest i have found so far is right around 200$ give or take. another problem with them is they arent OE BBS bolts.

i have a complete set of OE BBS bolts that are in excellent shape, but in a natural finish, and i would like to reuse them and have them plated. ive found a few places locally that can do nickel cad, copper, brass, ect plating, but no one who does gold.

plus, i need some other random odds & ends gold plated for the engine bay (hose clamps, valve cover bolts, manifold bolts, and a few others)

ill have to contact a few of the larger body shops and see if they have any suggestions, thanks

What about the places that do gold plated teeth grilles?

You can laugh, but maybe they can do something that looks gold?

:laugh:

never though of that

look for places that anodize aluminum. thy should have a plating process. even if they don’t, if your bolts are stainless they can be anodized.

there was a place on penn ave that plates. i dunno if they are still there. do a google search for pittsburgh plating. something has to come up. places that do chrome/silver/brass will generally be doing gold too. also look for places that do polishing work. they will know who plates locally.