Paint for bolts

what is a good strong paint for heads of bolts? as im restoring my car, im looking at the subtle details and want to clean up the bolt heads. i thought i’d just wire-wheel them, but that doesnt work as well as planned. just looking for some rattle can paint that wont chip away or whatever when a bolt everything back together…

thanks…

buy stainless hardware for non critical components. Buy grade 8 stainless hardware for critical components. No rattle can paint will hold up to more than one or two wrenchings.

ya i didnt think so… :frowning:

the thing that sucks tho is that we stock all grade 8 hardware here at the shop, unfortunately its all standard, but the car is all metric. shitty.

if i were to go out and buy new bolts, i’d be spending out my ass. ill prolly end up just wire wheeling the heads…, and replacing the crappy ones

mcmaster.com has reasonable prices on stainless hardware. it will be expensive, but it’s baller. Just remember to use antisieze on them or your car will never come apart again.

i went to boltdepot.com

rhino liner.

VHT Wrinkle Paint is strong

you could never get a wrench over the bolt…plus rhino is the crappiest liner out there.

stop being a ricer

having a clean car is being a ricer now? lol

just watch the video, we’ve been through this already noobie:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2937384107948006190&q=badazz&hl=en

fuckkkkk meeee…ive just been “pwned”

but, i can always retort with:

http://badazzracing.com/badazzvideo/TurboTrack_0002.wmv

that’s some burly shit right there

chucks hair looks pretty burly in that vid

#1 you arent restoring your car. Drives me nuts when people with “new” cars say that.

As for bolt cleanup, get a bucket of hardware that belongs on your car and sent it out to be shot and zinc coated. You’ll never have such nice hardware to put your car back together with. I’ve been debating doing it this time putting my car back together. Really makes things nice to work with. Paint the heads when you wanna remember you torqued it down :wink:

“shot and zinc coated” who does this?

you can buy the kit at eastwood, my dad did it for his GS, came out perfect.

I stock alot of metric stainless hardware, so if you need stuff, PM me…

I have a contact info back at home, the Austin Healey guys are whores for that stuff.