Gonna be Looking at new DDs soon **POLL**

Ive kinda figured out i can pick up a 01 or so Grabd Am GT for about the same price as a 98 or so Accord V6…tell me what ya think is better?

Well, the Accord will certainly hold its value better even if you drive it off a cliff. I’m weary of the transmissions in those V6 accords. They weren’t very well known for durability. On the other side of the argument, nobody says a Grand Am is reliable…hm. Get a 4 cylinder EX 5 speed and save yourself the trouble. They handle better and brake better than the v6’s.

NEVER, EVER buy an N Body.

99 GAGT, '00 Alero gx, '02 GA = some many platform level chassis problems that you will highly regret it. I’ll be glad to list what I can remember if need be…

-Nick

The v6 accords are so much nicer. Do it

I really think if you drive both cars back to back you will see why the Accord is a better car. They just don’t have that economy-car feel that the Grand Am has. And that steering…yum…like butta.

Mmm… butter.

i’d go with an accord :slight_smile:

my N-body is just fine…but I don’t have the 3400 V6, which is where all the problems come from. Go with the Accord. Yes, it’ll be more expensive NOW, but you’ll get more of your money back when you sell it in a couple years, as opposed to the Grand Am.

There shouldn’t be any question about this. ACCORD!

ugh grand ams blow, avoid at all costs. If you want a grandma-esque DD get a grand prix, possibly a GTP if you want to realize how grave a mistake you are making modding your truck…

Cant go wrong with a Honda. Toyota and Honda is all I will ever buy as a DD.

:shoot: God Damns can goto hell.

every grand am i have been in has been a pile of shit. constant problems and a horrible driving experience.

Accord FTW

the wheel bearings r notorious in all of them

Accord no questions asked

only one that i listed was a 3.4.

off the top of my head, for all models:
wheel bearings
caliper pins
bushings
water pumps
bcm
brakes
hazard switches
lower intake manifold (3.4’s)
coil packs (3.4s)
ps pump (2.4s)
rack leaks

Not to mention the grand am is the most pulled over car in america. I forget where I read that.

you should get a wrangler or a blazer!

Classic